LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

XFI 292 idle Vid

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
According to that site he made 490rwhp 540rwtq so it looks like he's spraying it now.

Did you ever run your car at the track?
He also was running a Vortech with a CC306 a while ago, and I'm pretty sure used to have N20 at some point in time, but no longer. We'll see what LALT1 says.

You must think I'm new, rod bolts dont scare me, if it blows it blows

-Dustin-
Old 06-29-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
He also was running a Vortech with a CC306 a while ago, and I'm pretty sure used to have N20 at some point in time, but no longer. We'll see what LALT1 says.

You must think I'm new, rod bolts dont scare me, if it blows it blows

-Dustin-
nah just adding it in for those reading along lol

cc306 + blower sounds like just throwing parts at a motor
Old 06-29-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by myltwon
nah just adding it in for those reading along lol

cc306 + blower sounds like just throwing parts at a motor
That maybe true, but I know a guy who ran a Vortech on a N/A GTP4 camshaft and put down some pretty decent numbers at the track and dyno. If I remember correctly low 11's and 48X at the wheels, not bad for stock heads, bottom end, stock rear, $1000 blower setup, Not ideal, but he was a deal finder and got alot of his parts used and cheap.

Yea, for those reading you probably dont want this cam unless you want a radical setup that is a runner only in the high RPM's. Stock rod bolts are going to help accessorize your oil pan. Not the cam for a Caprice, or a Caprice manager, or taxi, etc, whatever heavy vehicle either.

-Dustin-
Old 06-29-2009, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

i was going thorugh this post and saw that ls1tech is advertising the new 2010 ford mustang after the very last post. is it just me who is seeing this???

**edit it looks like the banner chnages but be on the lookout for the mustang adds
Old 06-29-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Money is money man, everyone knows that we arent buying that crap. Back on track with my Hijack

-Dustin-
Old 06-29-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

my buddy has this cam for sale with a top end to match. ported trickflow heads and ported stock intake. it made really nice bottem end TQ for the size of cam. felt great on the street in a 3500 stalled 4.10 geared daily driver. has a ed write dyno tune to go with it also....
Old 06-29-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Zigroid was spec'ed something even bigger and had good results. But like everyone has said, these arent for the average H/C guys, who mainly dont know what they want. I know you guys have to tell them to keep the low end, stay in the 220's, etc, because they dont understand what they want. You need a big stall, gear, tuning, etc to get cars with larger cams to perform. Most people cant deal with that. I followed Zigroids posts along with many others about this cam.
Zigroid, any new updates on your car, I watched the video, which I found comical. Get sticky tires on that car and take it to the track yet?
when speaking with ed curtis about cam selection I told him I wanted to take advantage of every bit of RPM the LT1's computer would give me. I said I would like to shift as close to 7000 rpm as possible. I told him driveability did not matter, and that the car would have about 150 lbs of weight reduction along with a 4000 stall and 4.10s. what I got was a cam that idled nicely at 1000 rpm (he said it would idle at 900 rpm with some good idle tuning) with plenty of vacuum and had tons of mid range and top end power. my top end was exhilarating. lots of fun. it peaked right where he said it would (he said 6400-6500 rpm) it was a little soggy on the bottom end but I couldn't give it much gas to really find out without it downshifting/unlocking the converter so really what does it matter?

unfortunately I never made it to the track. the day after I got the 4.10s installed I had just finished giving a friend of my dad's a ride. when I parked it I threw a quick rev and the bottom end scattered. oil and coolant got mixed so I must have busted something in the block. I dont know what happened, I got disgusted with the car and sold it as a rolling chassis then I never heard from the new owners what happened to the engine so I guess I'll never know. I was livid for days. extremely pissed. I couldn't look at the car without wanting to douse it with gasoline and light it on fire. what pisses me off the most is the car finally ran good after 4 years of ******* with it. it would have blown the doors off my old LE3 383 setup (which ran a pitiful 12.6 @ 113) and it had fewer cubes, about the same cam, and stockish heads. it was CONSIDERABLY faster. it drove better than that old setup too! I never really got a good judge for how quick it was because with the 2.73s it would burn the tires off until 60 mph then shift in to 2nd gear. 2nd gear ended well over 120 mph so I never took it up in to the upper power band. when I got the 4.10s in I was really shown how it performed since I could use my top end more. my butt dyno would put the car trapping around 115 mph, maybe a tad more, and that was with the stock air filter. it made 25 more rwhp with the air intake off but I never drove it like that. Ive driven/riden in lots of cars that trap around there and thats what it felt like. dont know and will never know for sure. I miss it from time to time because the car was truely a blast to drive.
Originally Posted by speed_demon24
According to that site he made 490rwhp 540rwtq so it looks like he's spraying it now.

Did you ever run your car at the track?
I was thinking it had nitrous too but I checked over all the pics I don't see anything unless the nitrous is hidden. he did a pretty good job cleaning everything up too. maybe theyre old pictures? Im pretty sure he said in another post the car ran mid 11s @ 122 or so all motor.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gold98Z28
my buddy has this cam for sale with a top end to match. ported trickflow heads and ported stock intake. it made really nice bottem end TQ for the size of cam. felt great on the street in a 3500 stalled 4.10 geared daily driver. has a ed write dyno tune to go with it also....
Got any more information? What he ran in the 1/4 or dyno numbers?

Zigroid - Good info and damn good numbers especially with a Giant like that.

-Dustin-
Old 08-04-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Got any more information? What he ran in the 1/4 or dyno numbers?

Zigroid - Good info and damn good numbers especially with a Giant like that.

-Dustin-
thru a stalled auto, it put down 360hp and 400ft lbs. in a full weight, stock suspension car on a 255 radial it ran 7.9 1/8th on a high 1.8 to 1.9 60ft. this was the dead of summer heat on a slow track. i think it went 7.3 on a 75shot. we normally sprayed a 150 but thats all this crappy track would hold. he deployed back to iraq befor he got to go to a good track and got on the AI bandwaggon while in iraq, he got a complete top end(heads/cam/intake) from AI for his new forged stroker bottem end.

let me know if anyone is interested in this top end, xfi 292 cam, ported trickflow heads, and ported stock intake with 58mm inlet holes. i will find out what he wants for it, or have him post up
Old 08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

here is a graph from this cam, trickflow heads, ported stock intake with 58mm TB and hooker long tubes thru a stalled auto. i think it would have not fell off as bad with more spring on it. we reused the stock springs that came on the trickflows. they already had a year or more on them with a hotcam....
Attached Thumbnails XFI 292 idle Vid-macs-dyno-sm.jpg  
Old 08-05-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

That sound sick as hell.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gold98Z28
here is a graph from this cam, trickflow heads, ported stock intake with 58mm TB and hooker long tubes thru a stalled auto. i think it would have not fell off as bad with more spring on it. we reused the stock springs that came on the trickflows. they already had a year or more on them with a hotcam....
Yea those Trickflow springs arent doing you any favors...too bad the valvetrain wasnt setup for the cam.

-Dustin-
Old 08-06-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

i think it would be a hell of a combo with a good set of springs. dont think you could beat this top end for 1400 for heads, cam and intake. i think he might even do better than that since the springs should be replaced

Quick Reply: XFI 292 idle Vid