LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

very slow lt1 promblems 17+ in the 1/4

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if its not the cats what eles could it be, and just so everyone knows i got neew long tubes and the cats are going bye bye no matter what. and when i take them off i will take a pic so everyone will no the true story on the clog cat. im really hoping that the cat is clog so i dont have to find something eles. \\\

ok does this make sense i drive my car and out of no where it feels like the clutch doesnt wont to engage it just shakes the car like when you put a new one in. but this does it at random times in the day. i was thinking that if the cat is clog it starts to get really hot and inturn heats the clutch up and makes it shake.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Launching!

i change only one 02 sensor so far and it already made a great improvment from what it was doing so hopefuly when i get the other one done it will be perfect
Old 09-22-2007, 09:29 PM

You run open loop at WOT your O2's don't do anything but adjust light and part throttle enrichment.

If you have new headers and are going to take off the cats and don't have backfiring put the exhaust on and see if it helps.

I doubt it will, I had a truck get a converter plugged up tight enough to bend all the intake pushrods and it would idle just fine then die when you gave it gas.

Having your cam a tooth behind from timing chain stretch can cause loss of cylinder pressure and low end torque, if you have fooled with the valve adjustment lately make sure none are to tight.

Good luck, be sure to post the problem when you find it.

Quick Reply: very slow lt1 promblems 17+ in the 1/4