LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Coolant Temperature Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently having this issue with the low coolant light and the car running like crap once it is on. It does not come on right away. Maybe 3 minutes or so after I start it. The car runs great untill the light comes on then it stutters and will barely move unless I give it full throttle then it takes off like mad untill I slow down. Guess I just need to jump in it and keep the pedal to the floor.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Ok get this. I come out of work, pop the hood and check out my MAP sensor, I unplug it, blow on it to clear any dirt, and hooked it back up. (doubt that had any effect though). Had a good feeling about the car. Started the car up, and the light turned off. Scanned the code and all were gone except P0100, which that code has never gave me any problems, its probably still saved in the history because my light is off. And all night it ran like a champ. So I guess that MAF fixed it. But I will still put the O2's and fuel filter on this weekend..
Old 09-29-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I havent tested ohms. but I have volts. the 5v wire is 5.00-5.01v and the 12v wire is 11.67-11.68v
12v wire? There is only 5v reference, ground, and signal wire. Your suppose to check the 5v reference with the black meter lead on the negative battery terminal. Then put the black lead on ground for the MAF, looking for the same result. The signal wire should mirror your TPS and MAP readings. It should be low at idle, around 1v.

Sounds like the o2's are shot as well.

Quick Reply: Coolant Temperature Sensor