LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

best power mods for a LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if this isn't a daily driver, and you do chose an lt1 i recommend a gm 847, i used 2 cams before it (C305, Lt4 hot cam) and this is by far the best cam, ive witnessed being used in an lt1. with any cam swap especially one adding higher duration and lift, you would benefit from headers and intake work.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

i really appreciate all the info i've gotten thus far. i'm still deciding. if i were going to be able to squeeze a LS1 into my budget it would probably be in the 100,000 + mile area which makes me a little weary (esp with my previous 95 Camaro experience). i may just go with the LT1 and see what happens. im still undecided. as far as nitrous goes, how do the motors handle it? for what it's worth, i had a 75 shot on my S2000 and it was great, but then i upped it to a 100 shot and blew the motor after 5 pulls. i had to buy a whole new motor which wasnt fun. i did have a dry kit though. im assuming direct port is the best for these motors?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

I concur with kaos, its all about the Arrowhead and in this particular case the Phoenix.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
i really appreciate all the info i've gotten thus far. i'm still deciding. if i were going to be able to squeeze a LS1 into my budget it would probably be in the 100,000 + mile area which makes me a little weary (esp with my previous 95 Camaro experience). i may just go with the LT1 and see what happens. im still undecided. as far as nitrous goes, how do the motors handle it? for what it's worth, i had a 75 shot on my S2000 and it was great, but then i upped it to a 100 shot and blew the motor after 5 pulls. i had to buy a whole new motor which wasnt fun. i did have a dry kit though. im assuming direct port is the best for these motors?
LT1's love the nitrous in moderation. You can safely run a 150 shot, but like any power adder it will take life off a stock motor. But for the occasional trip to the track you would be ok, I have had nitrous for about 2 years on my LT1 and the only thing I have had to replace is a solenoid, remeber though I dont run it every weekend more like every month or so when I can get to the track.

Quick Reply: best power mods for a LT1?