LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Never buy a Reman Opti

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007 | 06:28 PM
Teching In

Default Never buy a Reman Opti

Well of course my opti went at 110,000 miles. Went to a retailer and bought a new cap/rotor and reman opti. Replaced plugs, wires and water pump and everything to go with it. Ran great for three weeks and it started surging. Fuel pressure is good, oxygen sensors are reading normal ranges on the a/f gauge. Returned the reman opti and cap/rotor combo and bought the acDelco and boom,.. runs great. I should have listened to everyone here but I guess I learned my lesson.

If you are reading this and need and opti....DON'T BUY REMAN!!!!!
Old 11-05-2007 | 06:50 PM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by nychucky
Well of course my opti went at 110,000 miles. Went to a retailer and bought a new cap/rotor and reman opti. Replaced plugs, wires and water pump and everything to go with it. Ran great for three weeks and it started surging. Fuel pressure is good, oxygen sensors are reading normal ranges on the a/f gauge. Returned the reman opti and cap/rotor combo and bought the acDelco and boom,.. runs great. I should have listened to everyone here but I guess I learned my lesson.

If you are reading this and need and opti....DON'T BUY REMAN!!!!!
I've mentioned that over & over. I have never seen one live long. New GM pieces, with red locktite on the rotor screws. The screw then don't come out until you take them out.
Old 11-05-2007 | 07:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
I've mentioned that over & over. I have never seen one live long. New GM pieces, with red locktite on the rotor screws. The screw then don't come out until you take them out.
LOL I put green Loctite stud and bearing mount on my rotor screws. They aint coming out...EVER.

David

Quick Reply: Never buy a Reman Opti