LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

first time at the track in my LT1.. or any car for that matter

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013 | 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Be careful with that shift kit. When I bought my car (Go through my threads and find no first or fourth gear one) my car didn't have first or fourth gear, replaced silinoids with no help, finally took to a shop and it was in the valve body from a messed up B&M shift kit install. They drilled through causing my trans not to build pressure for gear changes. This almost cost my entire trans due to high heat from starting in second and only having third. Good luck. Also my best luck (obvisously maybe different from your experence) is I launched at 1500 RPMs and help half throttle till 30, these yeilded a 1.79X 60 foot times on a stock 2.73 auto.
Old 05-19-2013 | 02:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SlickWillyZ28
Be careful with that shift kit. When I bought my car (Go through my threads and find no first or fourth gear one) my car didn't have first or fourth gear, replaced silinoids with no help, finally took to a shop and it was in the valve body from a messed up B&M shift kit install. They drilled through causing my trans not to build pressure for gear changes. This almost cost my entire trans due to high heat from starting in second and only having third. Good luck. Also my best luck (obvisously maybe different from your experence) is I launched at 1500 RPMs and help half throttle till 30, these yeilded a 1.79X 60 foot times on a stock 2.73 auto.
Your car is a beast or had a converter and you didn't know it. I normally don't dispute people's results but there no way in **** you got a 1.7xx **** stock unless you're spraying that bitch. I'd love to see that pass.
Old 05-19-2013 | 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

If you read a few post back you'll see I posted it about it having a 2800 RPM stall was the only thing it had. I was going to go to the track last night but instead went to the day racing . Made one pass at 13.511@99.38 (No nitrous) having a hard time getting these tires to hook, they seem a little hard :/ but they were free so I can't complain.
Old 05-19-2013 | 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

OP, have you had it to the track since the original posting? any mods etc? Figure since ya accidentally bumped it , fill us in..lol

I just aquired a buddies 97 LT1/M6 car in sig. He ran the times. Im looking to do a few little things and then tune it. See how it does again now.
Old 05-22-2013 | 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Haven't yet. Been chasing a driveline vibe and finally getting it fine tuned out, and a behind the motor coolant leak (i think its the steam pipe or the intake gasket). after that, im going lots of mods since then. (see sig for the mods). I only had a flowmaster and LCAs in it when I ran it

Quick Reply: first time at the track in my LT1.. or any car for that matter