LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Think she's got a lil' more in her?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABA383
I think you might be at the end of using a 26" tire....You should still be able to pull the 275 60 R15 M/T DRs with the spray, and the extra side wall will help you out...Also, what settings are the shocks at? and tire pressure?

--Alan
I also think I am on the end of the using a 26" tire cause its shifting to overdrive like 100 ft before the traps. my front shocks I have set on 3 and my rear shocks I think I have set on 4. My tire pressure is 15-16 lbs. in the rear and like 40 lbs. in the front. The only reason my rear tire pressure is so low is cause of the cold weather I needed the larger footprint to get decent traction. When its warmer out I normally run somewhere around 16-17 lbs.

Originally Posted by Formula350
If you haven't, change your fuel filter, and I didn't notice it, but I think if you had some SFC that would cut way down on the tweaking. It looks like there is some with the driver side tire lifting off more than the passenger. GJ on it all though!
Yup I already have UMI 3-point sub-frame connectors. I plan on getting a drag-bar which should help with getting both tires up off the ground instead of just one

Originally Posted by Toronto_LT1
wow! strong car you got there,man.
what do you put down at the wheels N/A?
To the wheels I'm only putting down a measly 250 RWHP N/A
Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

Definately sounds like a good suspension setup at work. An inspiration to myself and I'm sure to others!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

hahaha the best part is when you line up with a ls1/ls2 f-body, GTO, or Vette and they just look over and laugh at the line. Then I just flip the switch and I'm gone. Then I'm the one whose pointing and laughing on the return road lol
Old 12-04-2007, 11:41 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ToxicFormula
haha pretty much every bolt-on you can think of except roller rockers. The full list is in my sig.

I'm doing it on a MT 275/50R15 Radial...and yanking a tire doing it lol

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...a/IMG_3268.jpg
From the picture of the way it's leaving I think you could pick up a tenth is straight suspension work. Unless your car is slammed in the back that's quite a bit of squat and it's leaving crooked.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jet it up and use ear plugs
Old 12-04-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ToxicFormula
hahaha the best part is when you line up with a ls1/ls2 f-body, GTO, or Vette and they just look over and laugh at the line. Then I just flip the switch and I'm gone. Then I'm the one whose pointing and laughing on the return road lol

Daym my p/p heads and cam with 100 shot can't run that. I got a 6 spd though through a 12 bolt with 3.90 gears. I guess I should do suspension work next.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
From the picture of the way it's leaving I think you could pick up a tenth is straight suspension work. Unless your car is slammed in the back that's quite a bit of squat and it's leaving crooked.
Yeah it looks like a bit of squat...Try the rears on 8 and the fronts on 2 and up the tire pressure to 17-18...Thats what I use and I found that the radials like more air in them...Also try 44 psi in the fronts...By not having the rears tight enough all the energy that should be hitting the tires into the pavement is being pushed up into the wheel well instead of into the track...And the 28"s will help also...

Its also a good idea to keep a log of any changes you make in each run...So you have something to go back to, to see what worked and what didn't...

--Alan
Old 12-05-2007, 09:01 AM

Damn, you guys have some amazing LT1's around here! I wish I had know about this site back when I had mine, I think I could have been alot faster, lol.

Great times! Good luck dropping them even further.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Jet it up and use ear plugs
Haha, I'll definetly be putting the motor to the test by upping the jets and seeing how much spray it can take, once I get around to building a motor. But I have a feeling the motor cant take much more than a 150 cause it already has 111,000 miles on it lol

And Plus, I wanna keep the motor in once piece for the shootout lol

Originally Posted by ABA383
Yeah it looks like a bit of squat...Try the rears on 8 and the fronts on 2 and up the tire pressure to 17-18...Thats what I use and I found that the radials like more air in them...Also try 44 psi in the fronts...By not having the rears tight enough all the energy that should be hitting the tires into the pavement is being pushed up into the wheel well instead of into the track...And the 28"s will help also...

Its also a good idea to keep a log of any changes you make in each run...So you have something to go back to, to see what worked and what didn't...

--Alan
Hmmmm I'll definetly try setting the rear shocks to 8 and I'll up the tire pressures too. I'm just worried that if I up the tire pressure too much it'll break loose cause of how cold the weather is here in DE/MD.

Quick question on the 28" tires. Will I have to "massage" the fenderwell or trim the bumper for 28" tires cause I know if I were to run a 28" slick or ET Street I would have to or else I would get bad tire rub.

Last edited by ToxicFormula; 12-05-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 28'' radial on my car and it never hit anything. They dont grow big like a reg. drag tire does.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I run the 275 60 R15 M/T radials on my 15x10 Bogarts with no mods...They fit right in with no problems at all...And the radials don't "grow" so there are no issues when racing them...I see you have a Formula also so I'd think that they'd fit fine for you...As far as tire pressure goes just experiment...I found that lower tire pressures seem to mask suspension problems...I keep adding air until I get a bit of spin, then drop them back .5 lbs at a time till you find what works best for the track conditions...I was right in the middle of finding my spin point when my output shaft in the trans decided to break...but I was hooking best with 18psi...

--Alan
Old 12-05-2007, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

I guess I'll get a 28" tire next season cause my 26" tires are still pretty new cause I just got them at the beginning of this season
Old 12-05-2007, 12:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats moving pretty good, don't feel bad about the dyno numbers, my bolt on auto with a Vigi 3200 car only makes 270RWHP NA. Your car runs really similar to Joe Brodman (sp) from CZ28.com back when he had bolt ons and spray.

Quick Reply: Think she's got a lil' more in her?