LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTXShootout, KCIR track questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its a good attempt for a first year and maybe the next time we can make it a lil' bigger and add some other classes.

Like me for instance, I run converted heads, but they are 23 degree, and my car still runs pump gas and has A/C. So I would be in the outlaw class competing against SB2.2 and the like that are dedicated race cars and running 118 octane race gas, and gutted.

I understand the classes the way they are, and why they are limited to only a couple classes due to time restrictions. If I wasn't stuck in Iraq I would be there running outlaw on drag radials.

Maybe instead of turning this into a bitchfest, we can make something constructive out of it for the next LTx shootout.

For the next shootout I would like to see a "Real Street" class, pump gas only with a nice cruise after first day qualifying. This would provide for the real street portion and draw some attention to the event. 3500 min race weight (to make real street cars competeive), Stock suspension, weight penality for wheelie bars, and weight penality for Petes Z bar's. Any 23 degree head(LT1 Heads can be made to keep up with converted 23 degree stuff these days). Any EFI System(trying to tune these to the edge with a stock PCM is hazardous IMO)

Or maybe the same thing broken into a power-adder and non-power adder.

Kinda fills a hole inbetween the current classes.

I can't run LTx Extreme Street, due to converted heads, can't even take a weight penalty and run, even though they are 23 degree. And I have DFI gen 6. But this class doesn't restrict to pump gas, kinda funny for a street class.

I can't run Ltx N/A: I have converted 23 degree heads, not even with a weight penalty.

I can't run Ltx Power adder: No converted heads.

I guess what I see is that even though you can drive my car to work, I can't run any street class, I have to go against trailer queen's. I'd do it anyway just for fun and I think for a first year event this is a good job by all involved and I applaud your effort. I tried to get my R&R changed so I could come race but big army is giving me the weinie.

Maybe looking at other shoot out type events we can incorporate more cars and make it a bigger event. I really built my car for the PGD, and I guess I was hoping the LTx shoot out would try and incorporate the PGD type LTx powered cars.

Again thanks to Tony and whoever else is behind this, A job well done. I really wish I could make it this year.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fergymoto I`m not a *** i have a wife and 2 kids......so grow up homo and you have a slow car
My bad dude, my car doesn't run 8s. I'm sorry
Old 12-26-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fergymoto
My bad dude, my car doesn't run 8s. I'm sorry
I still think your a Fagg if it makes you feel anybetter
Old 12-26-2007, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Troy, I feel way better since you called me a ***. My TA still has hurt feelings though, he called it slow
Old 12-26-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Troy, I feel way better since you called me a ***. My TA still has hurt feelings though, he called it slow
Yeah I mean calling a man a homosexual is one thing, calling his car slow is complete BS. I'd hunt him down for that
Old 12-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as tony and everyone doing a shootout is great, but the rules suck,, no matter what anyone saids they built it around there cars... if you have a converted head, carb, and aftermarket trans , you are forced to run twin turbo 1500+hp cars.. how is that fair.. i think its bullshit... i think if you are going to put it this way, then any car with aftermarket intake should run in the outlaw class too.. but wait you cant do that because it wouldnt be right.. hahah what a joke

now for bolt on wheelie bars,, dont brackets get welded to the rear end? and if you run a aftermarket torque arm , doesnt the cross bar get welded to the subframe connectors? so if there is welding involved, its ok to weld that but when u weld 4 link or ladder bars its not ok? its just like the other guy said that a aftermarket carb intake with welded injector bungs is more of a lt1 then the same intake with a carb on it.. which is bullshit,, i say if someone can weld a cross member to put a aftermarket torque arm u can weld 4 link or ladder bars too.. but of course the guys setting up this shootout dont have that so they wont let anyone else have it,,, ABOUT the weight, yes there should not be a weight limit on nitrous cars but there should be weight for turbo cars..
Old 12-26-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mario89
as far as tony and everyone doing a shootout is great, but the rules suck,, no matter what anyone saids they built it around there cars... if you have a converted head, carb, and aftermarket trans , you are forced to run twin turbo 1500+hp cars.. how is that fair.. i think its bullshit... i think if you are going to put it this way, then any car with aftermarket intake should run in the outlaw class too.. but wait you cant do that because it wouldnt be right.. hahah what a joke

now for bolt on wheelie bars,, dont brackets get welded to the rear end? and if you run a aftermarket torque arm , doesnt the cross bar get welded to the subframe connectors? so if there is welding involved, its ok to weld that but when u weld 4 link or ladder bars its not ok? its just like the other guy said that a aftermarket carb intake with welded injector bungs is more of a lt1 then the same intake with a carb on it.. which is bullshit,, i say if someone can weld a cross member to put a aftermarket torque arm u can weld 4 link or ladder bars too.. but of course the guys setting up this shootout dont have that so they wont let anyone else have it,,, ABOUT the weight, yes there should not be a weight limit on nitrous cars but there should be weight for turbo cars..
How does a converted intake compare to twin turbo's??

Why would you have a weight limit on turbo car but not on nitrous cars? Are you suggesting a no weight requirement car race a car that does??

What are you basing this turbo>nitrous idea on??
Old 12-26-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I'd like to go.. Im going to see if i can make it.. - but right now my car is sitting with a hole in the floor where the 6 speed shifter used to sit, awaiting a bunch of parts....

Anyone know what NHRA rule is about speed or time for a roll cage?....
Old 12-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by indirocz28
Well, I'd like to go.. Im going to see if i can make it.. - but right now my car is sitting with a hole in the floor where the 6 speed shifter used to sit, awaiting a bunch of parts....

Anyone know what NHRA rule is about speed or time for a roll cage?....

Pm me your expected times and I will be happy to get you the info you need
Old 12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 95ttoplt1
How does a converted intake compare to twin turbo's??

Why would you have a weight limit on turbo car but not on nitrous cars? Are you suggesting a no weight requirement car race a car that does??

What are you basing this turbo>nitrous idea on??

the reason to run boost cars in a weight limit is boost cars make alot more power then a nitorus car , and if you put nitrous cars and boost cars in the same class obviously boost car will have a advantage,, or have something nitrous car can run on any suspension vrs boost cars on stock suspension,, but i like the weight better...as far as what you can base it on,, just look at the times of boosted lt1 cars vrs lt1 nitrous cars..the fastest record of each is over a second apart.. now tell me thats not the truth..
Old 12-26-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mario89
the reason to run boost cars in a weight limit is boost cars make alot more power then a nitorus car , and if you put nitrous cars and boost cars in the same class obviously boost car will have a advantage,, or have something nitrous car can run on any suspension vrs boost cars on stock suspension,, but i like the weight better...as far as what you can base it on,, just look at the times of boosted lt1 cars vrs lt1 nitrous cars..the fastest record of each is over a second apart.. now tell me thats not the truth..
Which cars are you basing this on?? Examples. posted in here.

You didn't answer the question on how a converted intake is the same class as a pair of turbo's.

And IMO the nitrous is wide open here and the boost cars are limited(81mm) but there is not a nitrous jet restriction.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

mario i think u want the rules made for ur standards
Old 12-26-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

mario I thought you weren't even going to the shootout, so why do you give a **** what the rules are?
Old 12-27-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mario, holy krist you're a Kunt. Why should you give a ***** what the rules are??? You can't participate anyways because you don't have stock-style suspension anyways. Stay the hell out of these threads(and this board).

The rules are what they are. They were put in place to allow the most amount of 4th gens to participate. Any race organizer who caved to your ridiculous demands would be a joke. That is why I respect Tony and his rules. He is man. You're are not. You're a bitchy whiner. You cannot be man because a man's mother would never allow her BOY to be such a baby. You embararass our gender. She whould slap the ***** out of him. Quit your crying and stay on your local tracks where you can be the hero.

Cripes, who cares what you thiink????

MAN UP and run in the Bracket. That goes for you to you to bigcowl IMP. COme and race the brackets or SHUT-UP!

And yes, my car is SLOW, both of your cars would beat me. I just want to invalidate that point now.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 94FBIRD
Mario, holy krist you're a Kunt. Why should you give a ***** what the rules are??? You can't participate anyways because you don't have stock-style suspension anyways. Stay the hell out of these threads(and this board).

The rules are what they are. They were put in place to allow the most amount of 4th gens to participate. Any race organizer who caved to your ridiculous demands would be a joke. That is why I respect Tony and his rules. He is man. You're are not. You're a bitchy whiner. You cannot be man because a man's mother would never allow her BOY to be such a baby. You embararass our gender. She whould slap the ***** out of him. Quit your crying and stay on your local tracks where you can be the hero.

Cripes, who cares what you thiink????

MAN UP and run in the Bracket. That goes for you to you to bigcowl IMP. COme and race the brackets or SHUT-UP!

And yes, my car is SLOW, both of your cars would beat me. I just want to invalidate that point now.

let me know when you fall off tonys nuts,, that should be soon since you are swinging so hard...as far as classes, yes they should all not stock style suspension cars in it.. you would know anything about that with your junk,. i went faster in 93 with my lt1 then you are going now almost 15 years later... so go **** yourself with you piece of ****..
Old 12-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Banned

You didn't answer the question on how a converted intake is the same class as a pair of turbo's.

And IMO the nitrous is wide open here and the boost cars are limited(81mm) but there is not a nitrous jet restriction.
very simple,, big rick went 8.06 or close to it with a lt1 turbo,, tony sheppard went 9.08 with a lt1 on spray.. there u go perfect example, so they are a second apart and they will be in the same class with the same weight requirements? come on now..

as far as the converter intake being in same class as turbos you must of misunderstood me.. i meant as if someone puts a carb on the car with a aftermarket intake , they have to race outlaw.. so it should be that if you have a aftermarket intake with fuel injection you should be able to only run outlaw too.. works both ways.. i can ask you the same questions,, how is a carb intake in the same class as twin turbos? and thats the class id have to run if i had stock suspension.. which is bullshit because it can be a mild motor but i chose to run a carb with the same intake that alot of people got and welded bungs to put fuel injection and i didnt so now i have to be in a different class? how is that fair?

Last edited by mario89; 12-27-2007 at 03:39 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Launching!

mario89

Just wondering. Does your car have a current NHRA/IHRA chassis certification and do you have a current competition driver's license for sub 9-second times?

WD
Old 12-27-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

He hasn't answered any of your questions because he has no idea what he is talking about.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:39 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

mario,

thanks for the humour.

big cowlImp,

why can't you run your impala at the event? because it is heavy? let me put it this way, since you didn't get the idea the first time. TOO BAD, gut it or pick another sled.

Again this race was based off of F bodies, go figure most of the guys on the board own one. i mean anyone can buy one... hell someone sold one to mario.

just get together with mario and setup a race where the both of you can run your cars. arrange sponsors, etc..... I am sure with Mario's personable skills he could land a number of sponsors to support the event. or why not take your lt1 powered stang to an NMRA event, oh hold on they won't allow a bowtie powered block to run in any of their classes, so go ahead and tell them they are making the rules around their cars.

it is really sad to see 2 people who are SO pissed that their cars don't fit the rules. that all you can do is bash it. as well, there are other cars that don't fit the rules either, they have made great points, and hopefully those requests can be accommodated next year.

i too wanted a Hot Rod PGD style of class! That is how I built my car, to run hard at the track, but still be able to cruise it on the highway, etc.... Am I crying that there is no cruise class...no.

life goes on believe me, i tried to see what i could do to have LT1's allowed for the LSX shootout, to no avail. my Solution: GET OVER IT

I have also put my .02 in to NMCA for allowing LT1's into the late model efi class. I thought I was negative, ha ha ha, I was too polite after reading this. my Solution: find a class I can run in. even if it is against 7 second cars!

please go right ahead and make a banner and post it everywhere....why???? because it will show your level of maturity. think about it.........

I am sure my 02 is falling on "blind eyes" as "deaf ears" doesn't work well on the internet.

and if you want to speak about it over the phone pm me your number and I would be happy to discuss it further.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

i think mario just wants everything his way..... and that would be the only way he could win

too bad no one has really ever heard of u and this has been setup for everyone not just you