LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Street Tune vs Mail Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dyno tune for WOT and power, street tune for drivability.

Unless you have a very generic, vanilla bolt-on setup, then mail order tunes are a waste of money. Find a tune that is close, or start with stock. Pick your tuning software of choice, do the research and learn. You will might as well because you will be re-tuning the tweaking the mail-order one anyway.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by J_Z28_T
Anyone Know A Dyno Tune Place For Lt1 In My Area???
HPP in Lewisville tunes LTx's and they have a good tuner. I went there for my driveability tune. On the dyno I only gained like 3 rwhp WOT over my tune from Ion, but I had sent it back to Ion once to pull some timing. They got rid of all my cam surge though.

To the OP, what is your setup, based on your sig you have a stock car with a cutout so why do you want a dyno tune?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Goldfinger911
Dyno tune for WOT and power, street tune for drivability.

Unless you have a very generic, vanilla bolt-on setup, then mail order tunes are a waste of money. Find a tune that is close, or start with stock. Pick your tuning software of choice, do the research and learn. You will might as well because you will be re-tuning the tweaking the mail-order one anyway.
I have many bolt ons and nitrous and stall, Madz28 has hit the tune dead on every time Ive added mods. It is only $25 for each retune and done at my convenience.

Quick Reply: Street Tune vs Mail Order