LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wHAT HEAD AND CAM PACKAGE

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
I'm supprised you haven't run out of excuses yet. I'll have track results as soon as the tnt's stop getting rained out to back up the dyno #'s. I ran in -1000' d/a with my old setup so you might want to think up of some new excuses over the typical "what was the d/a" bullshit. I also forgot to mention my le2 heads slowed my car down over my old heads that only flowed 240 cfm.
Let's say for the sake of argument that lloyd sent you junk heads (definitely not the only explanation for your problems, but whatever). How does that prove his stuff is always inferior to AI or anyone else? This is one case.

If you search on here and camaroz28, it's very clear that MANY people have gone fast and had good results with his stuff. He has done more than enough to show that he sells a good product imo. If it didn't work out for you, that's too bad, but I've seen/heard of many more successful endings than not with his stuff.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
then obviously it was installer error!
I installed the heads/cam both times.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm supprised you haven't run out of excuses yet. I'll have track results as soon as the tnt's stop getting rained out to back up the dyno #'s. I ran in -1000' d/a with my old setup so you might want to think up of some new excuses over the typical "what was the d/a" bullshit. I also forgot to mention my le2 heads slowed my car down over my old heads that only flowed 240 cfm.
I'm not making excuses, but rather playing 96Capricemgr at his finest.
I hope that your car is faster than it was before, otherwise you wasted some more money.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by infinitebird
Let's say for the sake of argument that lloyd sent you junk heads (definitely not the only explanation for your problems, but whatever). How does that prove his stuff is always inferior to AI or anyone else? This is one case.

If you search on here and camaroz28, it's very clear that MANY people have gone fast and had good results with his stuff. He has done more than enough to show that he sells a good product imo. If it didn't work out for you, that's too bad, but I've seen/heard of many more successful endings than not with his stuff.
Link's of the people who have gone fast with his stuff? Not just one person, multiple ones.
And how does that not prove that AI stuff is superior if I got junk heads?
All AI heads are CNC'd so every head is the same, and all the machine work is done inhouse to keep quaility the same. This is the same with any head porting place on this site, all work is done in house and all the porting is cnc'd.

And just for the record I know there are other heads out there that are badss besides just AI. I almost went with TEA heads, but after I compared what machine work was done to each set of heads along with the hardware (valves and springs ect) the choice was clear to me.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 PM
12 Second Club

cant we just all get along? im real happy with my dyno numbers on the car, considering im still stock throttle body, stock injectors, stock untouched intake manifold, through a loose stall slipping automatic that broke on the drive home from the dyno, and my powerband has more waves than the ocean. i have to work out some bugs, but the car put down 382 rwhp. Not to shabby for a LE2 headed **** box. Took the car to the track, and was on hoosier slicks and skinnies, blowing them off out of the whole,launching off the footbrake, and got a 12.2 the first time out on STOCK suspension, full race weight (think I even had the spare tire and jack in the car). I was happy with the results. I dont know the DA for the night or temperature, but it wasnt in my favor.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1997bird
I will probably NEVER buy anything from AI just b/c of YOU!
I fell the same way
Old 01-27-2008, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Just to show you my powerband....havent figured it out yet, valve float or ignition....im guessing ignition...and I can really feel it in the upper RPM's.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

Just to show you my powerband....havent figured it out yet, valve float or ignition....im guessing ignition...and I can really feel it in the upper RPM's.

Looks like ignition. And do you have the SAE #'s? And it looks like the converter was locked on the dyno, but I could be wrong.
Here's what my graph looked like with a loose opti rotor. Kind of looks like your graph so you might wanna check that.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:49 PM
12 Second Club

I dont have the SAE#'s, Bryan said he didnt lock the converter....? Im going to pull the opti and have a look at it here hopefully in the next couple weeks.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by onephatZ28
I fell the same way

If you make decisions about $2,000+ purchases based ONLY on the oppinions of one or a few people, then you are making igorant decisions. Big car mods shouldn't be based on so little information.

Perhaps you should look beyond the personal oppinion and arguments to the facts. Compare parts, craftsmanship, quality, reliability, RESULTS (flow, dyno and track), price, specs, warranty, garuntees, quality control, repeatability, technology, R&D, customer service, support, etc etc

There are a number of companies that could be compared on all of these qualities and more. An objective look at these would put some companies ahead of others. Some of these qualities are more important to an individual than another, thus the reason they can look past deficencies or benefits to the one that best fits them.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have the SAE#'s, Bryan said he didnt lock the converter....? Im going to pull the opti and have a look at it here hopefully in the next couple weeks.

The place that dyno'd your car gave you inflated numbers. You dyno'd in 44 degree weather and high pressure. Great for dyno numbers, but an SAE correction factor would have made it comparable to other people and it would have been lower.

You can find out historical weather information at:
http://www.weatherunderground.com/

Just search by zipcode and go under the history tab and put the appropiate date in. I did it for the date of your dyno out of curiosity.

http://www.weatherunderground.com/hi...e=Pennsylvania
Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
The place that dyno'd your car gave you inflated numbers. You dyno'd in 44 degree weather and high pressure. Great for dyno numbers, but an SAE correction factor would have made it comparable to other people and it would have been lower.

You can find out historical weather information at:
http://www.weatherunderground.com/

Just search by zipcode and go under the history tab and put the appropiate date in. I did it for the date of your dyno out of curiosity.

http://www.weatherunderground.com/hi...e=Pennsylvania
I made 449rwhp STD
Old 01-28-2008, 03:14 AM
11 Second Club

AI doesn't post or take money away from sponsors.
They don't need to, they have 96capricemgr
Old 01-28-2008, 03:22 AM
hashtagBMW

, lloyd isn't a sponsor yet he posts on both sites taking away money from sponsors.

Wrong.

Lloyd is a sponsor on this forum.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Wrong.

Lloyd is a sponsor on this forum.

Thank you, I was wonding if he still was. Everyone said he was not a sponsor any more. I thought LS1tech did not update the site or something.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by onephatZ28

I am happy someone said it before I did. I thought I was the only one that thought 96capricemgr was dick

No, I think that is the consensus of the majority of the LT1 community.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
No, I think that is the consensus of the majority of the LT1 community.
yes it is!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Old SStroker
With the quoted post, mgr, where you claim to know how things work with Bret, I just had to respond after I picked myself up from the floor (ROFLMAO). You need to be careful when you state your opinions as facts to someone who knows what really goes on.
The fact that you have an air hose stuck up your son's *** doesn't account for two things:
1). His being banned from two major f-body forums. I'm sure according to yours and your son's delusional reasoning it was everyone else's fault.

2). His cams are not special and don't work any more "specialer" than any other camshaft.

Seems the less effective a component is the more verbal/literal, mouthy, volumnous and down right PITA the individual responsible for said less effective component becomes.

Last edited by SS RRR; 01-28-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A lot of foolish kids think I am a dick, and I get a lot of PMs and emails from more experienced guys giving me a pat on the back for my stubborness in trying to straighten you all out.

A lot of the guys that agree with me don't post because they realize you can't fix stupid, I am just stuborn enough to keep trying.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

^im going to hold back on alot of what i have to say because i dont want to start anything between me and you, because i do feel u give alot of great info, but i do however think that was wrong of you to say....

Quick Reply: wHAT HEAD AND CAM PACKAGE