LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

miss / vibration help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What if the injectors are dirty and stuck open a bit. Under low RPM, it's getting just a bit too much gas and stumbling, but under higher RPM that fuel is being used. I'd go have the injectors pressure cleaned with a system from a shop. They can hook up a can with cleaner in it, and then feed it into your shrader valve and force that in via compressed air. My buddy has the system and it works really nice. You can run any cleaner in there you like too, be it Sea Foam, or Chevron stuff, whatever. A friend had it done at a dealer and it ran $150 (pontiac) but I'm sure a local shop would charge less. I think $75 is a fair deal for that. If you live in Minnesota, but buddy could do it for you

Also, other than the IAC (which I like that theory), maybe possible TPS issue?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not think its a fuel problem. I have access to a fuel injection cleaner system that you pressurize and run the car off of fuel and top engine cleaner. The coil should be sparking constant and its not. Im almost positive mine is an ignition/sensor/pcm problem.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My car is going to gm friday to get scanned and checked out. Ill let you know from there.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was messing with the car last nite and i found that my vaccum line from the opti to the intake tube was messed up and disconnected. I reconnected it to a vaccum source and the car runs much better. I thought that was just a vaccum line to keep moisture out? Does it control timing or anythign? I just dropped the car of at GM to get a scan and see if they can find anythign becuase it runs better but its still low on power. Ill let you know.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got the car back and the only code that could possibly be a problem is code for TPS. Gonna get one and change it tom.

Quick Reply: miss / vibration help please