LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My New 1993 Z28 Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

23 page "build" thread that ends in complete part-out 4 years later ....LMAO OP, one maintaining and building up one LT1 car at a time is enough headaches and tribulations for one person...much less trying to fix up with 2 or 3 at the same time...I would suggest sticking to one project car at a time until completion. This thread is a good example of what NOT to do as far as project planning and getting distracted from the original goal you set out and ending up wasting a bunch of your time and money and destroying what's left of that camaro.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
23 page "build" thread that ends in complete part-out 4 years later ....LMAO OP, one maintaining and building up one LT1 car at a time is enough headaches and tribulations for one person...much less trying to fix up with 2 or 3 at the same time...I would suggest sticking to one project car at a time until completion. This thread is a good example of what NOT to do as far as project planning and getting distracted from the original goal you set out and ending up wasting a bunch of your time and money and destroying what's left of that camaro.
Exactly why you should list EXACTLY what you want out of the car BEFORE you start. It seems like that was this guys only mistake... he started it and then started thinking about what he wanted to do with it... he also changed his mind on his motor half a dozen times... Pick a specific goal and combination & stick to it. That is how projects that are supposed to only take a few months drag on for a few years... or a few decades in some instances.

My friend is notorious for doing this... He got a 3.4L 1995 camaro for 1800 bucks & he had big plans for it, I told him I'd help... He literally called me every day telling me a new ******* story on what he was gonna do to it, one day he wants to do an LT1 swap, then he's just gonna do bolt ons & buy a 3rd gen to take to shows, then he wanted another 4th gen, then he wanted to gut it, make it a race car, & get another daily driver, then he wanted to swap an LS in, then he decided to leave it as is & save his money because he was broke, then he decided he wanted to do a H/C combo... that's right on a 3.4L with 150k miles he wanted to do an H/C swap... Then he totaled the camaro because he decided it would be brilliant to buy 3 different incomplete sets of salad slashers and a set of 2 other random wheels, which ended up not even fitting his bolt pattern, instead replacing his completely bald tires with the threads showing... needless to say he slid on dry ice directly into a pole...

Then I helped him gut the entire camaro because he wanted to build a race car... he wanted to swap in an LT1 then he wanted an LS, then he wanted to do a tubular k-member, then he wanted to swap in a 3.8L, then he wanted to rebuild the 3.4L & add twin turbos... then he wanted a wagon to turn into a sleeper... then he bought an 06 colorado with a 4 cylinder & 150k miles... then he tried parting out the camaro & selling the shell... after 6 months he scrapped it... he then sold the colorado & got an 88 jeep with a lift kit... after about 2 months of working on the thing every ******* day to "get it on the road" or do a tune up or get it painted, the engine blew on him... now ALL Jeeps are ******* pos's to him... then for a reason I cannot explain, he bought a 91 cutlass... and the broken Jeep is still in his garage & probably will remain there for at least another 6 months

Bottom line... make a plan & stick to it

Quick Reply: My New 1993 Z28 Project