LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Header Panel Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Panel Replacement?

I was wondering if anyone has used after market header panel replacements. I bought one a few weeks back, and turns out, it doesn't match up 100% to my bumper. Where the bumper holds the headlights, there is that section where the header panel sits. Well, the panel I bought doesn't match up perfectly there, its straight across, it doesn't have the two notches that its suppose to.

Has anyone else purchased an A/M Header Panel that matches up on the bumper there? If so, where did you purchase it from?

Header is like this -
Isnt an exact fit. It should have the two notches in it like the bumper...

So, has anyone else bought an A/M header panel WITH the notches? If so, where from. I need to buy one, unless I can find a used one for sale in the 4Sale Forums.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I would seriously doubt there is anything aftermarket that would be better than a stock replacement for that.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Staging Lane

Im not asking if its better, im just wondering if someone has purchased an after market that has the proper line-up.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Veteran

That's what I meant, I doubt if any such thing exists in the aftermarket that would work.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Why you say that? Have you ever dealt with aftermarket replacements?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Most aftermarket body parts have terrible fitment.

Last edited by infinitebird; 02-14-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

i bought one off ebay no problems
Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Veteran

^ but was it aftermarket?

I bet it was just a used one off someone's car, which is probably the best option.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

ya heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB....cWON.m313.lVI

I did have to modify it just a bit. Had to cut a rib out where it go's over the hood lach area. just a hack saw blade and snaped it out, all of 30 seconds.

And i will be buying the pass fender, and nose cover from them shortly since like the header panal so much.

Last edited by socal; 02-14-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by socal
ya heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB....cWON.m313.lVI

I did have to modify it just a bit. Had to cut a rib out where it go's over the hood lach area. just a hack saw blade and snaped it out, all of 30 seconds.

And i will be buying the pass fender, and nose cover from them shortly since like the header panal so much.
Thats the one I got, Yea im going to cut out that section where it sits on the bumper. The fender, im like 99.9% sure it will fit, it looks exactly the same as the stock one. The bumper is a little different though, no chevy cutout The one from pershing auto has it, and I think its a little better, so I guess ill have to chuck the one I got :-/ Oh well i guess.

Originally Posted by infinitebird
I bet it was just a used one off someone's car, which is probably the best option.
Yea well I need to get my car fixed now, I cant find any of the parts I need. Not ebay, Not on here, and I searched most of my local junkyards. Plus, its like 3 times as expensive if I got it from a junkyard than from here or replacements.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by XPiRX
The fender, im like 99.9% sure it will fit, it looks exactly the same as the stock one.
The fitment on the ebay aftermarket fenders is rather poor, even if they look the same in the pic, they will not up close. I would recommend finding a used one on here. Check the classifieds, people selling them all the time. Or check the camaroz28 classifieds, more lt1 parts on there.

Every account on the ebay body stuff I have heard has generally been bad.

For example, http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462927

Stick with OEM for body parts.

Originally Posted by XPiRX
Yea well I need to get my car fixed now, I cant find any of the parts I need.
Yeah I understand just trying to let you know that you may not be satisfied with the aftermarket body stuff cause most people aren't.

Last edited by infinitebird; 02-15-2008 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Staging Lane

I start my new job monday, so Ill be making a crap load of money, Ill have two jobs, bringing in like 1500$ a week between my two jobs. I think im going to go take it to a local collision shop and have them find me the parts and repaint it for me, would probably be alot easier in the long run, so I can get rid of these crappy aftermarket parts.

And I've been looking for three months, I havent been able to find any bumpers or fenders for sale here, never seen any. :-/

Edit: Found a fender on ebay, same color as my car But Ill completely re-doing it anyway, so it looks new(probably re-painting entire car anyway). Only bumper and header panel to go. And the top dash panel, thats probably the most expensive one

Last edited by XPiRX; 02-15-2008 at 03:07 PM.