LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

note to self! *optis ftl!*

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default note to self! *optis ftl!*

Okay note to self. . . .make sure ALLLLLL water pump hoses are clamped as tightly as possible because even after tightening them down really good it's still not enough. . . . ._. been working on teh camaro finally started driving it. . . .had it idling at a friends shop suddenly a hoze starts leaking little drops camaro just DIES. . . .think i have the chance of drying out the opti and it starting again? or do you think it's gone for good?. . . .dont have money for a new one and the starter in the formula is dead. . . .
Old 02-19-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks. How old is the opti? If it were me...the trouble to take it off and manually dry it you may as well throw on a new one. But if it has low miles I'd give it a few days and see if it dries out by itself. After all you have the vented type so just throw a hair dryer on it.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by KriegerEhre
Okay note to self. . . .make sure ALLLLLL water pump hoses are clamped as tightly as possible because even after tightening them down really good it's still not enough. . . . ._. been working on teh camaro finally started driving it. . . .had it idling at a friends shop suddenly a hoze starts leaking little drops camaro just DIES. . . .think i have the chance of drying out the opti and it starting again? or do you think it's gone for good?. . . .dont have money for a new one and the starter in the formula is dead. . . .
The weephole in mine had been leaking on the opti for a week's worth of driving and it turned out to be fine. Let it sit w/ some heat on it before doing anything.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'll make sure to take a hair dryer to it or something tommorrow. . .i'm going to clamp it down pretty good and hte opti has less than 2000 miles on it. . .so it's still pretty new. .
Old 02-19-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Should still be good if you ask me. Tell you what I'll make the drive to Lubbock and put a hair dryer on it myself!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by KriegerEhre
i'll make sure to take a hair dryer to it or something tommorrow. . .i'm going to clamp it down pretty good and hte opti has less than 2000 miles on it. . .so it's still pretty new. .
Have you taken the vent hoses off? I would take both of them off before applying heat.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

oh i haven't done it yet . . . it's sitting in my buddys shop i love lt1 guys . . .dedicated to helping other lt1s . . . .driving all the way from nm that would be insane!! haha thanks alot man! yeah i'll take the hozes off and dry it good tommorrow!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

Dude I'm always in Lubbock! I'm only an hour and a half away and my ex sister in law works at University Medical Center down there too.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

really? - we'll have to gtg sometime. . .your car looks siiiicckkkkkkk. . . .i've done nothing but replace stuff on mine . . .then i take care of this formula too. . .so needless to say it's a never ending story with these two. . .i pretty much should name them double trouble. . . . hopefully going to get a second job soon and save up for a motor build of my own. . .
Old 02-19-2008, 01:28 AM
TECH Addict

I'm just waiting for mine to blow then me and a buddy of mine will build a 383! We are actually gonna be going to Idalou alot this year too! I have a wet kit sitting in my room that I still gotta put in, then 11's all day!

Quick Reply: note to self! *optis ftl!*