LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Can somone explain this opti spark to me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiers
What do you mean make sure the vent harness is working, how are you supposed to make sure of that...
Make sure the vacuum lines are not cracked and that they are hooked up .
Old 05-24-2008, 10:45 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Another very popular reason is due to the rotor screws backing out causing any cylinder to pretty much fire at will. It's very easy and cheap to fix, but most mistake this for a defective opti and throw it out.
One of my rotor screws backed out 2 weeks ago. I concluded last night that it trashed the entire Opti.

After first just reinstalling the rotor screws with loctite and remounting the opti (no luck - concluded the arching fried the cap), I bought an MSD cap/rotor/isolator kit and completed the install last night. Still no worky. Conclusion is that the arching not only took out the cap, but also fried the pickup that reads the optical disk.

Anyone have a spare pickup laying around? Can't find them sold separately.

I need it for a '95 and up pin-drive opti. The pickup on the earlier models is different and won't interchange.

HELP!
Old 05-24-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tspence45
I've heard mixed reviews on that. I've heard some people say that the MSD is worse than stock and another couple people say they actually picked up around 10hp by switching to the MSD. I don't see how that'd really happen though.
ive also heard people having trouble with msd opti failing after a few thousand miles. this honestly surprises me since msd usually has very quality long lasting products.

Quick Reply: Can somone explain this opti spark to me?