LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need some big help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some big help

ok so i though i had the hesitation problem fixed and it was for a little less then a week, but it started doing it again on my yesterday. There is still no SES light that is coming, so i cant tell if its throwing any codes. It only does it when i drive the car some place and i turn it off for about a half hour then start driving it again. Then about after 5 to 10 minutes of driving the hesitation stops and the car drives great. I started changing some stuff when it first started with the cheapest firs, I changed plugs, wires, coil, PCV valve, Fuel filter, Cleaned MAF, Shot deep creep down the manifold, Seafomed the fuel, and most recent was Changed the O2 sensors. I have NO clue as what it could be now. On my next day off and it stops raining im going to check to see if any of my plugs are fouled. Anyone have any other ideas on what to change? Dont got much money now since i had to go buy a new transmission and converter. Is it possible that it could be the tranny or torque converter causing the feeling like it hesitating?
Thanks

Alright well today it did it again and this time i left it in gear and let it idled to see what happens. Well it just seem to struggle to stay running and i would go down in rpms and then jump back up back and forth till finaly it just died. when it died the check gauges light came on and it all looked fine but the battery guage was a little in the yellowish low side. But its a brand new optima red top and it only has the problem every once in awhile. Now i did run my MAF without a screen for a couple of weeks and im pretty sure after that is when it started doing this. So it got me thinking that maybe during those couple of weeks that i screwed something up with the MAF, but why would it happen every so often or when it does happen its for like 5 to 10 minutes while driving then its fine? Its really starting to tick me off that i just cant seem to find whats going on and the wallet is getting lighter and lighter. Thanks everyone been help full so far

Here is the first thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/858365-bad-hesitation-bogging-slight-throttle.html
Old 02-24-2008, 03:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone?
Old 02-24-2008, 05:09 AM
Launching!

what kind of O2 sensors did you go with? Not Bosch I hope.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No delcos, the car only does it in gear.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ttt..
Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

definitely sounds like a fueling problem. could be the MAF, or something else.

Sounds like in open loop it runs bad because of whatever the issue is, but then once you get into closed it is able to adjust correctly based on the o2 sensor data.

Quick Reply: Need some big help