LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

500 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Aleks
FASTFATBOY: If the car weighs more simply use more gear. By using a bigger lever it gets easier to get that mass going, it would also put me square in the power band for the duration of the run. That's the reason I am not worried about the car weighing more when it's finished. It's the reason the sport bike guys run bigger sprockets when the rider is heavier. Your math problem should prove to you why you are wrong, but you are one dimensional. When your car is sitting at its peak power for the entire run I suppose it works, but after I drop the clutch the car bogs to about 1,800 rpm (about 60 RWHP) and has to claw its way back from there, I guess that's the advantage to an A4 along with quicker shifts than a M6. I don't see why you are so animated, you should be happy you are much faster than me on paper. There is no point in talking with you further. You are a hater with enough knowledge to be laughably wrong.
I am a converter re-stall away from running the EXACT same as you with 50 less rwhp AND a 430 lbs heavier car

I could gut my car to your weight and BUST YOUR *** with 50 less rwhp DUHHHHHHHHHH

The bog means d!ck, we run the same 60ft.

David
Old 03-08-2008, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
I am a converter re-stall away from running the EXACT same as you with 50 less rwhp AND a 430 lbs heavier car

I could gut my car to your weight and BUST YOUR *** with 50 less rwhp DUHHHHHHHHHH

The bog means d!ck, we run the same 60ft.

David
You keep showing your complete lack of knowledge in this thread. I've had the same 60's but have had the run's varie by .2-.3 due to a bog that showed up on the 330'. There is alot more to judging a launch than a 60' time..
Old 03-08-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS Aleks
Lastly, you do have about 50 HP less on the dyno, and all of us here on the interweb know that there is absolutely no difference between an A4 with an unlocked converter and an M6 when it comes to dyno #'s.
No. There is a difference, albiet it small. Usually 10-15 rwhp

Put a six speed and a 12 bolt in my car like yours and I would make 500+ REAL rwhp
No. Not even close. I think you still think a locked up converter is loosing a lot of hp. UNlock yours if you want to see some REALLY heartbreaking dyno numbers.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh.... do an LS1.

It is SOOO much easier to hit 500rwhp with these things. Downright aggravating for an LT1 owner.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fergymoto
LSX is always the answer
When you bringing that thing back to the track?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Village Troll

Received 535 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Example, 425-450rwhp with a 2 stage nitrous system. Hit with a 100 shot a couple of car lenghts out and another 150 once it hits second gear. There you go, 700rwhp. Don't forget to bring some clean underwear with ya.
Bing badda boom shazaam it's just that easy! Is that what the clownhouse in your avatar told you to type, moron?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speed_demon24: If you see a person making a fool of himself, get out of the way and let him. He's the one bragging about buying the biggest parts he can find and only hitting 450 RWHP, then rejects Ricks' car because he made up a reality in his head to explain his shortcomings. Rick has much smaller heads and an lt-1 intake, I would be looking for anything to make my self look better if I where him too. Remember, there is no chance of my car going any quicker or faster . The beauty of a CNC machine is that everything comes out the same; some people just don't understand (by accident or by design) that there are other parts in the mix.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I tell ya what, put pump fuel in Ricks car, make him weigh what I weigh, take his trans brake away, put a similar converter to mine in his car and put drag radials on it and see what he runs. I venture to say 10.50's. Compare apples to apples.

I dont have the engine development access that Rick has, IE keep throwing cams and tune at it until it runs the number.

David
Rick's motor for the last couple years has been a "backup" engine because he cracked the block of the good one. For the fastest runs it has been 11.6-7:1 compression and the engine HAS BEEN RUN on pump gas and made a couple more HP, BUT pump gas is not consistent enough for high level bracket racing like this, buy a drum of race gas and you know what you have for that whole 55 gallons.

No trans brake, the Rossler 4L60E transbrake was released after Rick went 9s, want to fabricate any more crap I can shoot down??

Even so he is still using LT1 castings for the heads and intake which you would have us believe are a huge handicap and the car has put down 520rwhp through the unlocked auto. Just imagine what it might do with huge converted heads and a single plane intake .

What you see here folks is someone who bought into all the marketing hype of what is "supposed" to be best rather than what really puts down the numbers and he finds it easier to attack the other guys setup than admit someone else made some very good choices and spent LESS to make more power.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Aleks, if I'm not mistaken your car ran faster MPH in that video right? What was your highest mph that day? Get that suspension, gearing and driving figured out and I think you have mid-low tens at high 120s. Seat time alone could probably get you some more.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Village Troll

Received 535 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
What you see here folks is someone who bought into all the marketing hype of what is "supposed" to be best rather than what really puts down the numbers and he finds it easier to attack the other guys setup than admit someone else made some very good choices and spent LESS to make more power.
quote of the day
Old 03-08-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets not forget to compare the DA in which both cars ran thier times.

Fastfatboy - Neg. 1500
Aleks - Pos. 700s

Difference of 2200ish feet. Think that had any effect on the relative times or is DA not factored into your RWHP and weight only equation?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

PUTTING the number down and RUNNING the number are two different things as demonstrated here.

The discussion in these Ai threads ALWAYS revert back to ONE car....Ricks...which without a DOUBT is fast...but admit it...it is a RACECAR not a streetcar. Huge converter, geared to the hilt and has had WAY more than one combination thrown at it to make the power he makes. But you Ai guys and your holy grail Rick Abare are BLINDED by the fact that:

If Ricks car makes 520RWHP and runs 9.90's, why is ALEKSS car a full second slower with 20 rwhp less???????????????? And AT LEAST 12 mph trap speed lower???????????

HEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why is that?

The discussion is NOT about Rick Abares car, but SOMEHOW all you Ai guys pull that card when the going gets tough.

The discussion is why does 500rwhp in a 3300lb car trap the same as a 450rwhp 3750 lb car. Stop straying from the point.

David
Old 03-08-2008, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

PUTTING the number down and RUNNING the number are two different things as demonstrated here.

The discussion in these Ai threads ALWAYS revert back to ONE car....Ricks...which without a DOUBT is fast...but admit it...it is a RACECAR not a streetcar. Huge converter, geared to the hilt and has had WAY more than one combination thrown at it to make the power he makes. But you Ai guys and your holy grail Rick Abare are BLINDED by the fact that:

If Ricks car makes 520RWHP and runs 9.90's, why is ALEKSS car a full second slower with 20 rwhp less???????????????? And AT LEAST 12 mph trap speed lower???????????

HEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why is that?

The discussion is NOT about Rick Abares car, but SOMEHOW all you Ai guys pull that card when the going gets tough.

The discussion is why does 500rwhp in a 3300lb car trap the same as a 450rwhp 3750 lb car. Stop straying from the point.

David
What makes his car any more of a race car than yours? And are you running more or less compression than him?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
Lets not forget to compare the DA in which both cars ran thier times.

Fastfatboy - Neg. 1500
Aleks - Pos. 700s

Difference of 2200ish feet. Think that had any effect on the relative times or is DA not factored into your RWHP and weight only equation?

I have since run 11.02@123 in 300ft DA, hence the 3750lbs, I took 50lbs off the car. This MPH was also run with the converter UNLOCKED, the 124 mph in the -1500 da was with the converter locking at 95 mph. Iventure to say with my converter locking now I would run mid 125 mph.

SO the cars are VERY similar in MPH vs DA

The rub I have is, ALEKKSS car claims 500rwhp in a 3320lb car trapping 126 as a best. Mine is 3750lbs with 450rwhp trapping 124 mph, both cars have 1.50 60ft times.

Something is amiss in my opinion. Either my car makes MORE than 450 unlocked...OR he makes less than the claimed 500rwhp WITH SLICKS on the dyno no less.

If you guys wanna see what you wanna see...be my guest. Myself, I dont see it.

You guys can crack on me and my car ALL you want, Hold up the holy grail Rick Abare to try and blind everyone all you want. But if MY car weighed 3320lbs it would run 10.60's@128 all day with 450rwhp.

It just dont add up.

I will just have to agree to dis-agree.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 03-08-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The discussion is why does 500rwhp in a 3300lb car trap the same as a 450rwhp 3750 lb car. ..
That's what I was getting at earlier. About 10 years ago, I had a 3500 lb car making 440 rwhp pulling 122-123 mph.

The funny thing here is that if I had heard about SS Aleks combination, I would have guessed that he was pulling 124-125, which is about right. However, I would have put his rwhp in the 440 range. Everything adds up except for the dyno pull.

Mike
Old 03-08-2008, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by engineermike
You have to admit that there are dozens of folks out there with very similar combinations to "that guy" but are making ~440 rwhp, which is about what I would expect. Also, it's interesting when you calculate his hp from the weight and mph, it only comes up to about 513 fwhp, which should be around 440 rwhp assuming 15% drivetrain loss.

Aaaanywaaaay. . . for comparison:

Mike H had Thunder build him a stout LT1. Going from memory, it was 396 cid, AFR 220 Competition ported (300 cfm), 12/1, solid roller 256 .660", and a single plane intake. It made 485 rwhp at 6800 rpm.

Mike
What so funny is that Thunder made money off each of those parts they installed not only in the instalation but in the fact that they order them and resell them. Thunder is in business to make money so of course they are gonna recomend items they can order and make money off of. Brad
Old 03-08-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
Aleks, if I'm not mistaken your car ran faster MPH in that video right? What was your highest mph that day? Get that suspension, gearing and driving figured out and I think you have mid-low tens at high 120s. Seat time alone could probably get you some more.

REALLY? I dont think so, the only way that car is gonna go any quicker from its present state is a 4.56 or a 4.88 gear.

Running a 1.5x 60ft with that Combo aint gonna get much better with a stick car on motor. A 1.42 ON A GOOD DAY if he grows a big enough set to step off the clutch at 6500 rpm with a 4.88 gear.

You dont go from averaging 10.90s ........to running 10.50's or 10.20's with "suspension tweaking" when you are already dead hooking the car.

Last time I went to school "high" 120's is 128-129 mph, NOT clipping 126 ONCE. He averages 124-125 mph. Which for a stick car is right inline with what he is running.....unless he sets it up like a stock eliminator car. 5.33 gear, 29 inch tire, step off the clutch on the limiter.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by engineermike
That's what I was getting at earlier. About 10 years ago, I had a 3500 lb car making 440 rwhp pulling 122-123 mph.

The funny thing here is that if I had heard about SS Aleks combination, I would have guessed that he was pulling 124-125, which is about right. However, I would have put his rwhp in the 440 range. Everything adds up except for the dyno pull.

Mike

THAAAAAAAAAANK YOU MIKE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

REALLY? I dont think so, the only way that car is gonna go any quicker from its present state is a 4.56 or a 4.88 gear.

Running a 1.5x 60ft with that Combo aint gonna get much better with a stick car on motor. A 1.42 ON A GOOD DAY if he grows a big enough set to step off the clutch at 6500 rpm with a 4.88 gear.

You dont go from averaging 10.90s ........to running 10.50's or 10.20's with "suspension tweaking" when you are already dead hooking the car.

Last time I went to school "high" 120's is 128-129 mph, NOT clipping 126 ONCE. He averages 124-125 mph. Which for a stick car is right inline with what he is running.....unless he sets it up like a stock eliminator car. 5.33 gear, 29 inch tire, step off the clutch on the limiter.

I reallky hope for your sake you are joking. So he can't run any faster with him bogging that bad, in positive d/a with a strong wind, and his gearing being pretty far off, in shakedown passes with some room for improvement on driving? A 6-speed car will run the best time with it NOT dead hooking and bogging like that.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can say what you want, RWHP vs WEIGHT=trap speed, period.
Either I have ALOT more rwhp than the dyno said, or he has less.
Trans means nothing, RWHP is RWHP through ANY trans, the final number at the wheels vs the weight it is pulling=trap speed.
Ok for your comparison, take a stock Gixxer 600 with a 150lb rider, say it runs 11.20. Put a backpack on the rider with 50lbs in it, same rider....you reckon it will slow down? Yup the same power has to pull more weight.
Somewhere, somehow, something doesnt add up.
David
RWHP/WEIGHT is not directly proportional to trap speed .

i'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that transmission means nothing. the trans means everything! shift duration and points are everything in drag racing. and back to my comparison: you are correct, but that is elementary knowledge for even the most basic of drivers! you failed to relate it back to my point. according to your theory, a car must put down 900+ hp to maintain a trap speed similar to a standard 600cc sportbike. it's been proven time and time again that your theory is false. there are so SOO many other factors that come into play, that i highly doubt you realize even half of them! peak RPM power, rotational drivetrain inertia and static weight, gearing, etc., etc. here's the most simple of examples for you. a 3300lb car with 500HP and 4.11:1 final drive will not trap the same as the same car with 2.73:1. it's as simple as that!

Quick Reply: 500 rwhp