LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Custom grind for LTx cars, who are the big names?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jakesz28
I tried getting to Bret to spec my cam and gave up. I would rather talk to a person over the phone and he didn't return all my emails. I gave up and cam motions is doing my solid roller. It's big.
I second that for Cam Motion. Great to deal with.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Advanced Induction here, not the best people to deal with but i'll promote there stuff. They definitely know what they are doing
Old 03-14-2008, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by roadtrip120
Bret last 5 cams

My new Solid roller just went in tonight, it makes a T-rex look like a hotcam.
Damn!

I'd vote Brett too. Did my cam. Should have results soon. NEVER had a problem contacting him.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

We have use a few LaZer Cams, but warning, not for the weak, He likes very tight lobes, Radical profiles....
Old 03-14-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

Cam Motion billet cam.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

*** per my previous post allan and Terry at futral motorsports. Terry worked at cam motion for years and now is with allan. they both have extensive experience in designing cams and working with late model fuel injected cars. They use cam motion to grind the cams to their specs.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Bret Bauer grinds the camshafts for Lloyd Elliot
LMAO, I just had a picture in my head of Bret going to town on a cam core with a grinder

Carry on, just a picture that popped in my head. Another vote for Bret. He is the best there is.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
LMAO, I just had a picture in my head of Bret going to town on a cam core with a grinder
What would be even "funnier" would be watching him figure out a cam for a specific applicaton. No RE cams here!

Jon
Old 04-10-2008, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe O has my vote but too bad he doesnt do LTX cams anymore
Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what is Joe O doing currently? is he currently meeting with the Devil to create an ultimate badass cam? i could see that.... since the devil did design the LT1 and all its badass glory
Old 04-11-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replys guys...I got a spec from Cam Motion just to see what they would come up with. Spoke to someone at Advanced Induction for a while one day. Nice guys...took time to explain and go over whats needed. I want to get a few more specs...then choose from there but just to be sure I was tapping the right resources I wanted to check with you guys. I will get one from Brett too before its done then make a decision....soon as I get this TH350 conversion done (should be done late next week) I'll be getting the heads to start the topend build with. Although its very expensive right now to have them ported, I think Im going to get a set of the Pro-1 darts. A little birdy said they were able to get 325cfm through a 2.04 valve Ive got a single plain victor-e that will sit on top of this setup.

Once I get more of my parts...I will probably start a build thread for the top end. Time to un-choke this 383 is nearing

The fun continues!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZL1LT1
Joe O has my vote but too bad he doesnt do LTX cams anymore
I tried a Joe O cam and made 80 rwhp less than the one I have now
the one I have now is out of Steve Quins car that went 9.70`s n/a but I dont know who speced it cause I bought it used all I know is that cam motions ground it
Old 04-11-2008, 12:36 PM
9 Second Club

Lon at secondstreetspeed in PA did my cam... Very nice guy to deal with, told me everything I needed to do.... He did George Baxter's cam in hi convertible when it had an LT1 and he also did Rob's from socal cam (yellow Z with a supercharged LT1 then a single turbo LT1).... Both of those cars were low low low 9 second LT1's...... I thought the specs were going to be bigger but he assured me his specs were what I needed.... They are still pretty damn big on lift (over .700) but the duration I thought would be a bit more.... (it's over 250 duration intake and 260 exhaust so don't get to thinking it's a tiny cam )
Old 04-11-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie
Thanks for all the replys guys...I got a spec from Cam Motion just to see what they would come up with. Spoke to someone at Advanced Induction for a while one day. Nice guys...took time to explain and go over whats needed. I want to get a few more specs...then choose from there but just to be sure I was tapping the right resources I wanted to check with you guys. I will get one from Bret too before its done then make a decision....soon as I get this TH350 conversion done (should be done late next week) I'll be getting the heads to start the topend build with. Although its very expensive right now to have them ported, I think Im going to get a set of the Pro-1 darts. A little birdy said they were able to get 325cfm through a 2.04 valve Ive got a single plain victor-e that will sit on top of this setup.

Once I get more of my parts...I will probably start a build thread for the top end. Time to un-choke this 383 is nearing

The fun continues!!
Make sure you tell Bret you are going to choose among the specs provided by CM, AI and his. That will help the fun continue.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Lon at secondstreetspeed in PA did my cam... Very nice guy to deal with, told me everything I needed to do.... He did George Baxter's cam in hi convertible when it had an LT1 and he also did Rob's from socal cam (yellow Z with a supercharged LT1 then a single turbo LT1).... Both of those cars were low low low 9 second LT1's...... I thought the specs were going to be bigger but he assured me his specs were what I needed.... They are still pretty damn big on lift (over .700) but the duration I thought would be a bit more.... (it's over 250 duration intake and 260 exhaust so don't get to thinking it's a tiny cam )
Cam motion did mine and it is alittle bigger then what you have.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Wow I had no idea they did cams. I live a couple minutes away from Second Street and they always do all my tuning. How long ago was this? because Im thinking Lon may be the old owner because now a guy named Bill runs the unless the other guy I sometimes see is him.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Default Another vote for BRE

I hate to keep beatin a dead horse but if ever get another one done, it'll be by Bret.

Period

Had a little trouble getting the cam card, but that's understandable. I'll never give out his numbers though. When I pull up to a light next to a Mustang and he looks at me like I know I made the right choice.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
We have use a few LaZer Cams, but warning, not for the weak, He likes very tight lobes, Radical profiles....

LaZer here....but they are no longer in business
Old 04-12-2008, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoever you go with make sure you go with someone who knows what they are doing. Don't jump into the latest internet fad, get someone who actual racers use. Don't be afraid to ask for their credentials, you don't want to end up with someone who decided to make the jump from porting throttle bodies to a "cam designer" overnight.
I do know a few people with 10.5 outlaw cars and they all reccomended cam motion or Lazer cams, but lazer is out of business now.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

All the people brought up in this thread, ive looked up in the past and all come with good numbers and fast times etc

I dont think you can really go wrong

Quick Reply: Custom grind for LTx cars, who are the big names?