LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help me get my car to pass inspection!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me get my car to pass inspection!

well i knew it was gonna fail when i took it to the state inspection station but i wanted to see what they would fail me for. i have a cat on my car with the sts rear mount, and built motor. i failed for my drag radials cuz they said the tread was to low and having no muffler ( rear mount ) but they never ran emmisions. so i took it to a private place, they ran the emmisions and it failed pretty bad even with the cat. what can i do! maybe get another cat welded in then a muffler? the private inspection place said its because of my cam i have. i dont have the exact specs now but it is a comp cam. its really not the lopey i think its an off the shelf grind. somone told me to buy this inspection stuff, put it in my gas tank and it somtimes makes the car pass inspection. any other ideas? i cant seem to find a place in nj ( anywhere in nj) where they would sell me a sticker. im willing to spend an arm and a leg to buy one lol. if you know any places pm me please. thanks!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned

you can buy one if you look long enough. just look around. find someone with a car that you know cant pass inspection and ask them where they got theirs at.( i use to live in winslow(south jersey))
Old 03-29-2008, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

yea i live in south jersey. thats a good idea though. do you know any places or remember any places?

Quick Reply: Help me get my car to pass inspection!