LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Alternator/PS kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered mine a couple of hours ago, I ordered the PS/ALT relo kit, polished of course

Thanks Larry

Last edited by Colin91Z; 01-06-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Got mine today, thanks Larry!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned

you're both welcome and we appreciate the orders
Old 01-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Evaporate
So the sale is not in regards to the delete that retains the a/c and p/s right because that model is not yet finished?

Will that particular model fit with a vortech setup?

This sale doesn't apply to the A/C system which is nearing completion. The A/C kit will not work with blower setups due to the alternator placement on the drivers side.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahhhh F#####k! Well, great products and thanks for doing this for the lt1 crowd.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned

I'm not saying we will not have an intro price on the A/C setup, but at this time we are looking at about $550 reg retail for the setup.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am going to be using your A/C Alt relocation setup, and I was planning to try Procharger's High Small Block mount. It places the Supercharger up high on the drivers side, since I eliminated my ABS module it "should" fit. It might be a while before I try it though (I am trying to build a 69 Camaro right now too).
Old 01-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
I am going to be using your A/C Alt relocation setup, and I was planning to try Procharger's High Small Block mount. It places the Supercharger up high on the drivers side, since I eliminated my ABS module it "should" fit. It might be a while before I try it though (I am trying to build a 69 Camaro right now too).
great..hope to have things test fit on a car by next week to confirm all clearances

I love 69 Camaro's
Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to tell you this, but I know first hand that the ProCharger SBC brackets will NOT fit on an LT1 in a 4th gen F-body. I've tried it on my car. You can bolt the brackets on, but it will be pretty much resting on the strut tower. In order to bolt the blower on you would have to cut the ENTIRE strut tower out of the car, but if you do that you won't be able to bolt the strut/upper a-arm in!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
I'm sorry to tell you this, but I know first hand that the ProCharger SBC brackets will NOT fit on an LT1 in a 4th gen F-body. I've tried it on my car. You can bolt the brackets on, but it will be pretty much resting on the strut tower. In order to bolt the blower on you would have to cut the ENTIRE strut tower out of the car, but if you do that you won't be able to bolt the strut/upper a-arm in!
Well Thanks for ruining my DAY!!!
Just kidding, thanks for the information, you saved me from wasting a lot of money on something that will not work.
Now I guess I'll just have to put a larger cam in my LT4 for more HP.

Who is the best person/company to talk with to get the "best" cam and possibly springs for my engine?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Do you have any kits left Larry? PS/Alt relocation non-polished?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinZ
Do you have any kits left Larry? PS/Alt relocation non-polished?
I sold the last satin one from stock today, but can get more before the sale is up.

call the guys in sales if you want to get one before the 16th
Old 01-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Banned

This Friday is the end of the sale!

good news for the few that are looking for the A/C setup

We test fit it last night and all is good. I will have some pics up later today showing it on the car and now polished.

hard to see it since it's rather busy, but you will get the idea

The only issue is this car has no front sway bar. We never tested or thought about the sway bar. We had a customer bring it to our attention that our PS/ALT kit did hit his swaybar and with a small amount of clearancing it fit. I do not have a swaybar here to check with, but our thought is to make a spacer for the swaybar for the people who still run them.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned

Default A/C kit

main pics

small detail pics

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...altpsac010.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...altpsac008.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...altpsac007.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...altpsac006.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...tpsac004-1.jpg
Old 01-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned

$550 is where we need to be on this in polished

$520 is where we need to be on this in satin

FREE SHIPPING

available to ship within 2 weeks
Old 03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just received this kit on Monday and spent about 2 hours last night installing it, and I must say it is a VERY nice setup! The machining quality is second to none and it almost looks too clean to put on my engine. It cleans up the engine bay sooooooo much moving the alternator down low on the drivers side.

My instructions were a rough draft, so they had some hand written directions, but they are some of the easiest to follow I have EVER used.

The AC compressor actually fits WAY easier than with the original mount, and gives better access to the plug wires.

I am not done with the install yet, I had a couple bolts that were too long that will be corrected for any further kits, so I will post pics once it is complete and the engine is running.

It will not work with a stock procharger setup, but I have an F-1A that I am designing a custom high mount to use with this kit. I would much rather show off a polished F-1A rather than an ugly LT1 alternator!

I will update once I get it done.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

I just received this kit on Monday and spent about 2 hours last night installing it, and I must say it is a VERY nice setup! The machining quality is second to none and it almost looks too clean to put on my engine. It cleans up the engine bay sooooooo much moving the alternator down low on the drivers side.

My instructions were a rough draft, so they had some hand written directions, but they are some of the easiest to follow I have EVER used.

The AC compressor actually fits WAY easier than with the original mount, and gives better access to the plug wires.

I am not done with the install yet, I had a couple bolts that were too long that will be corrected for any further kits, so I will post pics once it is complete and the engine is running.

It will not work with a stock procharger setup, but I have an F-1A that I am designing a custom high mount to use with this kit. I would much rather show off a polished F-1A rather than an ugly LT1 alternator!

I will update once I get it done.
thanks for the update
Old 03-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Larry: I was wondering if you guys ever worked out that deal with the modification of the stock acc. bracket, and the alternator mounting on the driver's side?

If not, do you have any of the Alt-only kits left? And what's the price on them now?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DeboDaddy
Larry: I was wondering if you guys ever worked out that deal with the modification of the stock acc. bracket, and the alternator mounting on the driver's side?

If not, do you have any of the Alt-only kits left? And what's the price on them now?
no..never did anything with the stock bracket

alt only

$199.99 brushed

$234.99 polished

free shipping

+ tax since it appears you are in IL
Old 03-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Alright, I'll do some checking and let you know because I'm not sure if the location of the alternator on that kit will clear the frame rail on my monte. The A/C compressor in the stock location didnt... Do you know if the alt in your kit hangs lower or more to the side than the stock a/c comp?

Quick Reply: LT1 Alternator/PS kit