LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Motor mounts don't line up

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Motor mounts don't line up

I had to jack up the drivers side 4" or so to get my LT's in, and now only the back bolt lines up and will go in. Whats going on, and what can i do to fix this? Also has anyone ever had a hose pop loose when jacking the motor, becuase while i was jacking it i got a random coolant leak somewhere near the motor mount. Help
Old 05-06-2008, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MTBSully
I had to jack up the drivers side 4" or so to get my LT's in, and now only the back bolt lines up and will go in. Whats going on, and what can i do to fix this? Also has anyone ever had a hose pop loose when jacking the motor, becuase while i was jacking it i got a random coolant leak somewhere near the motor mount. Help
I had a hell of a time getting mine to line back up after jacking the motor up for an oil pan gasket change. Took a lot of time and messing with the jack to get the bolts back in the motor mounts. I found it easier to loosen the motor mount from the block and that will give you a little wiggle room to line up the mount bolt and get it installed and then tighten up the mount again and it should work. Also a little grease and a hammer to help push it thru the mount always helps. Good luck!!!

Quick Reply: Motor mounts don't line up