LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My baby!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008 | 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by huntsman2007
hey battleship, how bout you come move to maryland and be my crew cheif...wait...that would make you the only one on my pit crew....daaammmnnnn
hahaha.

Like I said read the link do the calculation CHECK/VERIFY before you spend $$$. Just because I 'believe' should never cause you to spend your money until you verify and agree that it is wise!

The injectors should give you margin IMO, and 42 is LIKELY all you will need. The sight I linked is CONSERVATIVE if you check you will see they calculate for 80% duty cycle (almost all else will say 85%), but with boost you need some margin. Boost is about as addicting as CRACK!

To paraphrase

Boost, there is no substitute!
Old 05-18-2008 | 08:07 AM
Banned

Remember you MUST change the tune with the new injectors. If you even start it with old tune you will foul plugs. If you get tune out, send it to me I will change it and send it back.

Remember the tune MUST ALWAYs match the injectors installed! Other changes usually are forgiving, and will live with old tune, injector changes aren't tolerant!
Old 05-18-2008 | 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

Nice car
Old 05-18-2008 | 01:22 PM
Banned

On second thought since you have to buy injectors don't spend the money.

Instead invest in an Methanol injection system. They have one that is setup to inject based on MAF. This system is a great setup, and by adding a boost switch you can set it so that methanol begins injection at say 4 psi boost (point is adjusted with boost switch), and injects proportional to the air the engine is flowing.

The system cost ~$370 and ~$20 for the switch. It will not require a retune adds power by lowering intake air temp and increased octane (which will allow more timing and lower chamber temps), and provides margin. I have injectors laying around so easy for me to say change them but IF I didnt like you I would consider this instead.

To use the system you inject the methanol after your MAF (yours should already be on non pressure side) and after the supercharger. The Inlet air temp sensor (IAT) can be after the methanl injection.
Old 05-18-2008 | 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

FMU=junk, and yes the 42lb svo injector is a good choice! Car looks awsome btw!
Old 05-18-2008 | 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
FMU=junk, and yes the 42lb svo injector is a good choice! Car looks awsome btw!
Yes but given his car runs with 30's I changed my mind and now recommend Methanol injection. Bang for $$$ is far better and not excessive to buy now and will help the setup into the future and improve engine longevity.
Old 05-18-2008 | 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

you guys have to be the smartest people i have ever talked to. BTW battleship, your plane ticket is in the mail
Old 05-18-2008 | 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Loving the car it looks sick! Do you know or could you find out what AR wheel that is exactly? I have been looking for them for a while but haven't had any luck, I really want to buy a set of those but I think they are not made anymore, could be wrong.
Old 05-19-2008 | 08:50 AM
Banned

Here are links to what I was talking about for the Methanol system

http://www.labontemotorsports.com/st...ow/ISG-10.html

http://www.labontemotorsports.com/st...ow/VC-MAF.html

Good luck
Old 05-20-2008 | 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

guess what guys! i got rod knock today!......how hard would it be to swap in a ls1 into it?
Old 05-20-2008 | 11:34 AM
Banned

EXPEN$IVE

And as a note a friend has a 8 psi Z06 and he has methanol, and professional tune (540 rwhp at dyno and similiar times at track), and he pulled the motor yesterday. He broke the skirts on 5 and 7. So an LS1 alone won't neccessarilly be the cure.

If you talk to LS1 they will say I am crazy that you can easilly run 8 psi NO problems on an LS1. Well the guy I am talking about put the BEST in his and he still lost the motor.

Any guesses which is more expen$ive to build an LT1 or LSX?

An LT1 with GOOD forged pistons, methanol, will hold ~500 RWHP. All you need over stock is pistons, o ring block (>~10 psi do it while apart), good springs, studs upper and lower. I would even recommend iron heads (cheap to put larger valves in), and lower CR to 8 - 8.5. I had that and ran 11 psi with 306 shifting HIGH RPM.

High RPM is NOT recommended my setup forced me to (4.11 gears) in a lite car with small tires (26") couldn't get next gear before over revving.
Old 05-20-2008 | 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

never was a big fan of teal, but damn does your car look mean. the wheels are sweet **** too, too many people have ttm's, tt2's, zr1s ect. good to see something different.
Old 05-20-2008 | 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BattleShip
Yes but given his car runs with 30's I changed my mind and now recommend Methanol injection. Bang for $$$ is far better and not excessive to buy now and will help the setup into the future and improve engine longevity.
yes of course, because we all love to put corrosive substances into our engines...
Old 05-20-2008 | 09:33 PM
Launching!

looks cool i like the hood
Old 05-20-2008 | 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lt1noob
yes of course, because we all love to put corrosive substances into our engines...
That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. Where do you get such crap?
Old 05-21-2008 | 07:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lt1noob
You consistently post trash, and since I only read ~10% of threads I wonder how much of your trash goes unchallenged?

Your statement here shows your lack of knowledge. If you search this site or the net you will find tons of info on the subject, instead you chose your childish reply.

You are dangerous!

Not to me, because I can see you are looking to buy your first clue, I worry about someone who might think you know something.

Discussions are often heated and people disagree, but to only criticize without ever presenting alternant information is a sign of your lack of common sense and knowledge. I could careless what you think of me, but don't ruin the board for others who use it to get information and discuss problems with others.

You are the type person that causes many not to post. I want people to search his last 20 posts and see if there is ANYTHING worth keeping? Is this what you want? It is your site you decide.

I come here to share. If most of my time is spent pointing out the obvious I do not have fun and find it a chore and a waste of my free time.

Good luck

Quick Reply: My baby!