LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT4 Top End Pkg or Edelbrock Total Power Pkg?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008 | 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Default LT4 Top End Pkg or Edelbrock Total Power Pkg?

Which is producing better results? Seems both are around the same price.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2008 | 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont know of anyone running the edelbrock package, but i know there are better options out there than the hotcam kit. search tool is your friend. custom grind is going to be your best bet, you should know that if you are in the 9's.
Old 05-21-2008 | 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
i dont know of anyone running the edelbrock package, but i know there are better options out there than the hotcam kit. search tool is your friend. custom grind is going to be your best bet, you should know that if you are in the 9's.
Hey buddy, I was just asking for some help on something I havent been involved with in a while. The LT1. I am not trying to run 9's with this combo. This is a daily driver '96 Impala SS. I just wanted to order a pkg today, quick, that I didnt have to spend so much time R&D'ing with custom grinds, hand ported heads etc. Just looking for something basic. Thanks for your helpful information.
Old 05-21-2008 | 02:35 PM
Banned

Out of the two I would lean towards the LT4 package..check out this LT4Z28. This is a BEAST!!!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...shot_46146.htm

He doesn't hit nos in this video either!!
Old 05-21-2008 | 03:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Out of the two I would lean towards the LT4 package..check out this LT4Z28. This is a BEAST!!!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...shot_46146.htm

He doesn't hit nos in this video either!!
Yes sir!! My same set up but w/o the bottle. Elliott, is that your Z28 pullin in your video?? For no cam and head work that baby gets down How much longer until the cam goes in?
Old 05-21-2008 | 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1 Bad Z
Hey buddy, I was just asking for some help on something I havent been involved with in a while. The LT1. I am not trying to run 9's with this combo. This is a daily driver '96 Impala SS. I just wanted to order a pkg today, quick, that I didnt have to spend so much time R&D'ing with custom grinds, hand ported heads etc. Just looking for something basic. Thanks for your helpful information.
i hear ya. i didn't mean to sound like a dick. i was just implying that the hotcam kit does not perform as well as some of it's peers. and a rhetorical statement of a custom grind being your best bet was just common knowledge.
Old 05-21-2008 | 03:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
Yes sir!! My same set up but w/o the bottle. Elliott, is that your Z28 pullin in your video?? For no cam and head work that baby gets down How much longer until the cam goes in?
Ha..yeah that's my ride pullin. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I've set it up to be a torque monster out the dig.. It's only gonna get faster too
Old 05-21-2008 | 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1 Bad Z
As far as 'tried and true' power gains for your Impy, call up Ron or Phil at Advanced Induction - they have quite a few proven h/c combos with one that'll surely meet your goals and budget. 96Capricemgr on here has a stellar h/c combo on his daily driven Impala - even tows his boat with it.
Old 05-21-2008 | 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

LT4 topend would be a bad choice and the Edelcrap a worse choice. The Edelbrock package makes roughly at the flywheel what a good package makes at the tires.

As noted above Advanced Induction is my choice, car has even gone 12.7 at 109 on street tires with the slicks and tools in the trunk yet, 11.9s in good weather with good track and that particular track is 150 miles from home. If I lived in TX I would daily drive it year round, but I live in WI and salt and snow are not so good for traction, so she gets parked a few months a year. Still manage to put 8K miles a year on which is more than a lot of stock Impalas see.

Quick Reply: LT4 Top End Pkg or Edelbrock Total Power Pkg?