LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LE1 h/c track times

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LE1 with auto, good stall, gears, full weight should run 11.9s. you don't need 400 rwhp to run 11.9s. hell you don't need 350 rwhp...
Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ran 11.8s with my H/C combo NHRA LEGAL with A/c and all the goodies. 3,800 before we started pulling stuff

Here is the new combo
Old 06-05-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Then by all means if it's no big deal then ballast your car back to stock weight and see what happens. Why would you even lighten it if you don't think it'd make a difference?

Not speaking for him at all. You can be an ignorant smartass about it all you want since you have nothing else to offer. It's just a matter of fact. No more "further" anything was being done for the LT1 after ~1995. They had established a successful emissions legal combination for the street for all bodies that housed the LTx engine.
Lets see. Put the weight back in. What would that help? Every summer I try to improve my ET. My point about the weight is that, this is not a gutted car. In fact, in a couple of weeks the six point bar should put it back to stock weight. It is a car that has an emissions legal cam with what might be considered LE2 heads. So I thought my car might fall into the general area of what to expect from an LE1 set-up. I'm not trying to break any records here. If I'm close to what it should run, and I think I am, that's all I'm looking for. This is what I thought the OP was looking for. Just because you have a bug up your *** about LE, Bret Bauer, Joe Overton, and a few others, does not make me a smartass. I could be wrong though.
Maybe your 11.80s 1.80 60 ft. time with a solid roller 396 has put you in a bad mood. I can understand your disappointment. But lets not pick on every head/cam package that isn't either LPE or AI. I don't think that's fair, and or, the only options out there. There are many names that have not been mentioned that could achieve or better my times and yours with the same amount of money spent.
I think zigroid summed it up well, and I fall pretty damn close into that category. Although in my case I do need 353 rwhp to go 11.90s.
And if you would like to take your LPE thoughts on the LT1 to pm, feel free. I too, own some of their literature and frequent their web site. but I missed the part about them not giving two sh)ts, so maybe you can enlighten me. I'm sure I'll be pleasantly entertained with more vulgar remarks from you as displayed in the past.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
If I'm close to what it should run, and I think I am, that's all I'm looking for.
Yep. You're dead nuts where you should be for the vast amount of things you had to do to get there. You are not a good example. Deal with it.
Answer this... if LPE did give a **** about the LTx then why hasn't anything new been developed for the LTx platform in the last 13 years? It's just because of John's passing? Your literature told you that? Don't be stupid.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep. You're dead nuts where you should be for the vast amount of things you had to do to get there. You are not a good example. Deal with it.
Answer this... if LPE did give a **** about the LTx then why hasn't anything new been developed for the LTx platform in the last 13 years? It's just because of John's passing? Your literature told you that? Don't be stupid.
This vast amount of things done to get there, would this be like the major weight reduction? And at LPE theres's a slight difference between moving on to the lastest engine platform, and saying that they no longer give two sh)ts and no longer talk to, or help someone out that owns an LT1. But hey, you have a nice day.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe your 11.80s 1.80 60 ft. time with a solid roller 396 has put you in a bad mood.
Im gonna call you toast cause you just got burned. Haha.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by 93 black t/a
I've searched for LE1 h/c tracks times and cant find anything. So i was wondering what you guys were running at the track with the LE1 h/c package.
I honestly thought someone could come in here and answer directly. There's a lot of speculation with dyno numbers and those who think their car should be taken seriously after all what had to be done to get there. You can either take your hard earned cash and gamble it away to receive heads that may look like this, or you can go w/ a CNC head that is guaranteed to perform like LPE if you are wanting an emissions legal cam/setup that runs very well and is as dependable as stock. I suggest you do a lot of research into this subject.
This vast amount of things done to get there, would this be like the major weight reduction?
So dramatic. Regardless how you want to perceive what I stated the fact of the matter is you did do the weight reduction and the rest of your mods including blackouts to "fill the large holes ( )" to get to where you are. So yes, if you still want to be used as an example then you should disclose what you had to do to get there with a mods list and time slips. Fair enough? It's humorous when retards start posting up their results begging to be a poster boy yet won't be completely honest w/ what they've done and then start to bicker when they are questioned.
And at LPE theres's a slight difference between moving on to the lastest engine platform, and saying that they no longer give two sh)ts and no longer talk to, or help someone out that owns an LT1. But hey, you have a nice day.
If you're truly this stupid then it looks as though you need to re-read what I stated since it was made very clear what I was referring to.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

There were honest answers. First, most people that drag race don't get an LE1, that's not what the purpose of the package is so that's why there aren't really any track times.

Second, there were a couple of people a long time ago that actually did run the LE1, but they were mostly drag cars with auto's, big stalls, DR's and more than likely did the standard weight reduction any racer would do, like pulling back seats and spare tire, jack, etc. They were running mid to high 11's

No one gives a **** about LPE and an emissions legal daily driver heads and cam setup, the OP asked about LE1 track times and got his answer. Why do you have to try and **** up everyone's thread? Get the sand out of your vagina already.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Village Troll

I'm stating my opinion on a public message board. Is that not allowed anymore? Especially with LE/BRE threads?
I am merely suggesting the fact that there is another setup that, IMO the LPE setup is superior to the LE1 setup. Hell there was nothing else going on in this thread other than speculation so why not offer something substantial.
Seems the only sand that gets thrown around in these threads are those LE followers who loose their minds when another suggestion of another setup is made. It's fascinating to say the least.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

You can state your opinion all you want, but if your opinion has nothing to do with the thread then why post? Do you just like to troll? Your first post said that you weren't sure, but from what you have seen mid 12's is what most run. All the other crap you post is pretty much useless and just ***** up the thread, which you apparently like doing.

I'm glad you think LPE is superior to LE, what does it have to do with LE1 track times? If the OP asked what DD heads/cam setup should I get, no one would care if you posted AI, LPE, etc.

What substantial information are you posting other than arguing? ZRated posted substantial info and I posted some as well based off Clint's times when he started dragging his T/A before the SR setup.

It's fascinating how much of a hater you are to say the least. You should probably be spending more time working on your SR 396 so it runs faster than 11.8's than sitting on the internet telling people what they should do. That would be like someone listening to Rosie O'Donnell talk about dieting, just plain stupid.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm stating my opinion on a public message board. Is that not allowed anymore? Especially with LE/BRE threads?
I am merely suggesting the fact that there is another setup that, IMO the LPE setup is superior to the LE1 setup. Hell there was nothing else going on in this thread other than speculation so why not offer something substantial.
Seems the only sand that gets thrown around in these threads are those LE followers who loose their minds when another suggestion of another setup is made. It's fascinating to say the least.
Once again the LE/BRE bashing. How many years has it been now? And at what price does this LPE surpass the LE set-up? Wait, LPE doesnt care about the LT1, or so Iv'e heard through you. You offer "substantial", does this mean your opinion is fool proof and will not have any fine details to work out? This I would like to see. I would also like know how you could run the times you did "years ago" but only be a couple of tenths quicker with a solid roller 396 now? "Fascinating" is the fact that LE is mentioned and you once again manage to take the ball and run in the wrong direction.
Let see here, both cars have sticky tires and an adjustable TA. You have a solid roller with more cubes and a stick, 1.80 60ft. times, and run an 11.80. I run a stock shortblock LE2 heads, an emissions legal cam, with an auto, 3600 stall and 75lbs. less weight than stock. My times, an 11.93 and an 11.94, with a 1.61 60 ft.
I saw your reaction times on your time slips. Lets just say, if you snooze you lose. If I do lose, I still get the laugh, because it will not be by much, and I can just hit the nitrous switch, clean your clock, and still be money ahead compared to your motor, or lack of. But that's a different story and maybe something you should think about. Nitrous is a good way to wake a slug up.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
You can state your opinion all you want, but if your opinion has nothing to do with the thread then why post? Do you just like to troll? Your first post said that you weren't sure, but from what you have seen mid 12's is what most run. All the other crap you post is pretty much useless and just ***** up the thread, which you apparently like doing.
It only "just ***** up the thread" if you let it. I am stating an opinion and you're crying about me stating said opinion.
I'm glad you think LPE is superior to LE, what does it have to do with LE1 track times?
It has to do with the fact that not a one has been posted and now there's a bunch of pontification as to what they should run therefore I offer my opinion and you don't like it.
If the OP asked what DD heads/cam setup should I get, no one would care if you posted AI, LPE, etc.
More crying. Once again I did not realize it was against the law ordained by LE followers not to be able to state an opinion on a public message forum.
What substantial information are you posting other than arguing?
The fact that more satisfaction could be had by going LPE if wanting a great all around performer.
ZRated posted substantial info and I posted some as well based off Clint's times when he started dragging his T/A before the SR setup.
Good for them! So that means I still cannot offer my opinion? Posting a dyno sheet is always the best way to offer info when a poster is asking for track times. This is fantastic.
It's fascinating how much of a hater you are to say the least. You should probably be spending more time working on your SR 396 so it runs faster than 11.8's than sitting on the internet telling people what they should do. That would be like someone listening to Rosie O'Donnell talk about dieting, just plain stupid.
Yep and you just keep racing that dyno bragging when the v-tech kicks in.

I run a stock shortblock LE2 heads, an emissions legal cam, with an auto, 3600 stall and 75lbs. less weight than stock. My times, an 11.93 and an 11.94, with a 1.61 60 ft.
Is this your effort to supply said mods with your ET's? You forgot the cut-out and the Impala gaskets and the 15" tire and skinnies, aftermarket ignition, 30# injectors, blackouts to "fill the large holes..." So I take it you have no interest or you are too embarrassed to admit what it took to get into the high 11's with your setup?
Now.. You can continue to type a bunch of empty babble regarding a setup that has nothing to do with this thread or the LPE setup I once ran "years ago" which did better than most every LE stage 1,5,4,598098 setup available today. I wonder which one you'll choose...
Old 06-06-2008, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez got some little kids fighting on the forum tonight huh?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

No one is crying about anything, just wondering why you troll so much.

No one has said what they should run. I said I know of someone that ran mid 11's long ago and ZRated runs 11.9 There is no "should" about it

No one is crying and if you want to state your opinion great, but at least post a relevant opinion about what the OP asked in the first place.

The OP asked about LE1 track times, so I fail to see how posting about a LPE combo is substantial info in this thread.

I posted my dyno sheet and specifically said that I don't drag race, but to the person who asked, this is what an LE1 setup is capable of on the dyno. You should learn to read. I didn't say because I have xxx horsepower I should run this ET.

I'm not bragging on anything, just making fun of your SR 396 that can't run any faster than a HR 355 with a low 220 cam. That's honestly pathetic. It's also pathetic that you keep posting and making **** up about what others have said just to argue. Where did I ever race a dyno sheet or brag about my combo?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll take that 396 off his hands if he doesn't know how to make it run
Old 06-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Village Troll

No one is crying about anything, just wondering why you troll so much.
You're balling. I state what I believe in and it brings out all the "why are you in this post? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" crap.
No one has said what they should run. I said I know of someone that ran mid 11's long ago and ZRated runs 11.9 There is no "should" about it
Yeah I've known someone who ran 11.3's w/ GTP heads and 306 cam/stock block setup, but that's about as relevant to this thread as you posting up your fantastic dyno sheet.
No one is crying and if you want to state your opinion great, but at least post a relevant opinion about what the OP asked in the first place.
I did and I backed it up with a suggestion. What's the difference with what I've stated and you going off on someone you "know" and referencing a setup with little information like Z-Rated?
The OP asked about LE1 track times, so I fail to see how posting about a LPE combo is substantial info in this thread.
I reckon if you want to look at it like that then you have no business in this thread either with a dyno sheet.
I posted my dyno sheet and specifically said that I don't drag race, but to the person who asked, this is what an LE1 setup is capable of on the dyno. You should learn to read. I didn't say because I have xxx horsepower I should run this ET.
What's capable on the dyno and track times are two completely different animals. Pretty stupid to post up a dyno sheet when it has nothing to do with track times.
I'm not bragging on anything, just making fun of your SR 396 that can't run any faster than a HR 355 with a low 220 cam. That's honestly pathetic. It's also pathetic that you keep posting and making **** up about what others have said just to argue. Where did I ever race a dyno sheet or brag about my combo?
Perhaps you should then tell me what I should do to make my setup run quicker/faster, oh dyno warrior.
Originally Posted by fergymoto
Thou shalt not covet.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Someone needs to take it off his hands. Obviously has more money than brains to spend all that moola on a SR 396 and have pathetic results. Perhaps he should have bought a LPE or AI setup he talks so much about. Actually I bet he does have one of those setups and doesn't want to tell anyone because it's a turd.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Village Troll

Someone needs to take it off his hands. Obviously has more money than brains to spend all that moola on a SR 396 and have pathetic results. Perhaps he should have bought a LPE or AI setup he talks so much about. Actually I bet he does have one of those setups and doesn't want to tell anyone because it's a turd.
Excellent deflection. I'd love to read what should I do to make my turd faster/quicker? Any ideas? Pretty funny coming from you since you don't race and have absolutely no earthly clue what your setup will run. I'll say high 12's/low 13's between 107 to 110ish mph. So what are you doing in this thread?

Last edited by SS RRR; 06-06-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

No deflection, just really don't give a **** anymore about you and your 395.3 POS. You could make it faster by selling it to someone that knows what they are doing. It's pretty fitting that your little posse is called TP4MyBungholio, because that's about all that motor is good for apparently, toilet paper to wipe your *** with. Move on already to some other thread and troll.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Village Troll

No deflection, just really don't give a **** anymore about you and your 395.3 POS.
You know what's funny about that? I never mentioned anything about my 395.3 POS. This is what's so funny about you oversensitive disciples. I am talking about the LPE setup and since you have nothing to stand on you whine about something completely irrelevant and then go for the default "troll" response.
You could make it faster by selling it to someone that knows what they are doing.
So once again the dyno warrior has nothing. You haven't the foggiest idea, but feel you must say something. Fair enough.
It's pretty fitting that your little posse is called TP4MyBungholio, because that's about all that motor is good for apparently, toilet paper to wipe your *** with. Move on already to some other thread and troll.
Says the dyno warrior who has no idea what wondrous ET's his car will produce. No hypocrisy at all... !!!
You have nothing but a dyno sheet in a track times thread. Go away, troll.

Quick Reply: LE1 h/c track times