LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

does anyone have the answer to gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 02:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its your 401 k,Wall Street,Investors. http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...xt=va&aid=8878
Old 06-14-2008, 02:13 AM
Staging Lane

its the not the government whos the making the prices so high
Old 06-14-2008, 02:18 AM
TECH Veteran

its all about greed.

when we drill and get our OWN oil, they will **** bricks and weep like our waterpumps.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:20 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just because Americans start digging their own oil doesn't mean that extra oil will go to needy Americans. You said it yourself: GREED. If we start digging in Alaska for example, that oil will go on the market to be sold to, and bought by the highest bidder on the world market along with the rest of the oil in the world.

They're not going to be like, "Oh, here's all this American oil, now let's go save America a bunch of money!"

-Ain't gonna' happen...
Old 06-14-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess no one read my post on the first page about why gas is actually that high. We're paying over $1 more than we need to simply due to people wanting a fat share themselves. Wholesalers charge Retailers (gas stations) 50cents more than what they[wholesalers] bought it for. Then the station has to mark it up to make a profit as well.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
well i feel it is bs,Bush family is making a killing! what do you stop driving,yeah that will happen
Educate yourself and then talk. If we'd drill, that will lower the overall cost of a barrel of oil. With $130+ barrels of oil, a lot of our money is going to the middle east. Not exactly where I'd like my money to go if I had a say in it.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, purely supply and demand. The spectulators are seeing an increasing demand with very little increase in production. In the US we are doing very little to increase production.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Go to Youtube and search "Lindsey Williams....the Non Energy Crisis". His video is broken up into 8 parts. Back in the 70's he was a Baptist minister assigned to the North Slope of Alaska at Prudo(sp?) Bay. They discovered one of the worlds largest reservoir of oil, tested it and confirmed it to be of the highest quality. They let him sit in on their board meetings for whatever reason (he explains why in the video). There, he learned of all this oil and their plans for it...to cap off the wells and keep it quiet. Well, he couldn't keep quiet anymore. According to him, the reservoir is so big, it could supply America with enough oil to last 200 years!! He specifically said "If our governement would only allow us to refine this oil and use it, gas in California (typically the highest in the US) would drop to $1.50 a gallon."

Go watch the videos...it's amazing. You just thought you had questions before. All of America needs to see this.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow and da curious
Go to Youtube and search "Lindsey Williams....the Non Energy Crisis". His video is broken up into 8 parts. Back in the 70's he was a Baptist minister assigned to the North Slope of Alaska at Prudo(sp?) Bay. They discovered one of the worlds largest reservoir of oil, tested it and confirmed it to be of the highest quality. They let him sit in on their board meetings for whatever reason (he explains why in the video). There, he learned of all this oil and their plans for it...to cap off the wells and keep it quiet. Well, he couldn't keep quiet anymore. According to him, the reservoir is so big, it could supply America with enough oil to last 200 years!! He specifically said "If our governement would only allow us to refine this oil and use it, gas in California (typically the highest in the US) would drop to $1.50 a gallon."

Go watch the videos...it's amazing. You just thought you had questions before. All of America needs to see this.
I've heard estimates for ANWR as being enough for as much as 34 years, but even at that the estimates of fuel cost would be be between $1.50 and $2. There is a lot of truth in this. Get the damned government out of everything. The market will correct itself.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Meanwhile Exxon is selling off its Stations because it says they are profitible right now...

instead of 100's of bIllions there only making 10's of billions.
Where is Bin Laden to blow up thses A-holes?

And hell Bush's approvale rating would go up, if he started selling the oil his family has,
but becuase of the green homos, they dont want any oil producing in our country.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

and the only reason we arent drilling now and saying **** off to the green tree hippies, is because the government doesnt want a shitload of hairy *** protestors giving them a bad image for no reason. i dont even think at this point its a bad public image cutting off thoes idiots, because 90% of the country and the people living here can care less about them.

i wish i could see 1000 years into the future. i swear the people would be laughing at us for being so greedy about a substance that will be all over the place again at the 30th century.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR GTO
Educate yourself and then talk. If we'd drill, that will lower the overall cost of a barrel of oil. With $130+ barrels of oil, a lot of our money is going to the middle east. Not exactly where I'd like my money to go if I had a say in it.
hey bro,if you are going to attept to tell me and everyone else here that the bush family is NOT making money off of this you SIR need to educate yourself!
Old 06-14-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

hydrogen
Old 06-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

+1 to nuclear power, alternative sources of energy will be the solution to our problem. The issue with this is the number of uneducated people who fear nuclear power. Fission makes releases ridiculous amounts of energy to start with, and fusion? Forget about it. If the power could be controlled and distributed into smaller portions for everyday use, then we would be making some true progress.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
hey bro,if you are going to attept to tell me and everyone else here that the bush family is NOT making money off of this you SIR need to educate yourself!
They are going to make money regardless because of their background in oil, but it's not because of them that gas is so expensive. It's because we can't drill for our own resources. He's receiving his paycheck, but costs are so high because overseas resources costs are so high. It's possible to talk about it without using a political bend when you look at the facts.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR GTO
They are going to make money regardless because of their background in oil, but it's not because of them that gas is so expensive. It's because we can't drill for our own resources. He's receiving his paycheck, but costs are so high because overseas resources costs are so high. It's possible to talk about it without using a political bend when you look at the facts.
man for a person with not so many posts you sure are not very respectful.
you can voice your opinion but to talk to someone like you have infinate knowledge about a topic you sure went about it the wrong way!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Launching!

buy a bicycle and bike to work. best way i know of to save money on gas.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got to chime in here....

I dont think we're ever going to get relief. At least not by the way of lower gas prices. I'm not a hippy, I love my gas guzzler. I used to drive night time drives to nowhere just for the sake of driving... compared to now, where I have a 89 ford ranger (DD) and I try to limit my trips into town and accomplish as much as I can on my way in to work or on the way home. I dont take random trips to the mall and eat out like I used to. Dont even drive the camaro but on the weekends occasionally now. Some of you may have the financial freedom to not worry about this yet but, it'll catch up eventually.

Original post was for solutions to the gas prices.... Well, "stop buying so much gas" is the best one.

1) Get a fuel efficient car or motorcycle
2) Switch to Alt fuel or electric
3) Drive less
4) Turn to life of crime since the money is usually good.
----------------------------------------------

I'm very curious to see what happens with the US in the next few years. I mean, like I mentioned above, alot of people are gonig to have to face reality and seriously cut back on their normal spending and activities in order to afford to drive. There will be a ripple effect that we're going to start seeing... Airfare going up, Tourism going down, SUV/Truck sales plummeting, Food/clothing prices going up, unemployment rate going up, housing market is already in the toilet here in FL but, will probably get worse... I believe its going to be an interesting mess pretty soon.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol @ Life of Crime. And according to the fuel economy .gov site, our cars are not "Gas Guzzlers" Seeing as we get the EXACT same EPA rating that the NEW Ford and KIA Sub-SUVs get.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

im not one for the whole gonvernment conspiricy crap or anything like that...but from my research...its because the US is so far in debt and thats why we are in the situation we are in. we made an agreement with saudi arabia i belive pretty much stating we will buy oil only from you....but you take some money and buy back our debt. the treaty was signed and thats how it began. the world bank sets the price of oil...not oil companys. the oil lines in alaska could supply the US for 200+ years...and within a year...cali gas prices be down to 1.50 or less a gallon. its kinda scary **** i read about..and this one guy has alot of proof about it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74697167011147

its a long video....but worth the watch. i found it intersting and i dont care about politics or anything like that.

heres a link

Quick Reply: does anyone have the answer to gas prices