LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

does anyone have the answer to gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the plan will work if it was well advertised.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
and the only reason we arent drilling now and saying **** off to the green tree hippies, is because the government doesnt want a shitload of hairy *** protestors giving them a bad image for no reason. i dont even think at this point its a bad public image cutting off thoes idiots, because 90% of the country and the people living here can care less about them.

i wish i could see 1000 years into the future. i swear the people would be laughing at us for being so greedy about a substance that will be all over the place again at the 30th century.

When the hippie protestor asshats decend on to washington to attempt a protest we should all meet them there to do battle. We'll see who wins, dirty hippies or badass american muscle car drivers
Old 06-15-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 93lt1M6z
im not one for the whole gonvernment conspiricy crap or anything like that...but from my research...its because the US is so far in debt and thats why we are in the situation we are in. we made an agreement with saudi arabia i belive pretty much stating we will buy oil only from you....but you take some money and buy back our debt. the treaty was signed and thats how it began. the world bank sets the price of oil...not oil companys. the oil lines in alaska could supply the US for 200+ years...and within a year...cali gas prices be down to 1.50 or less a gallon. its kinda scary **** i read about..and this one guy has alot of proof about it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74697167011147

its a long video....but worth the watch. i found it intersting and i dont care about politics or anything like that.

heres a link
Mines not a conspiracy lol It's just facts. (Unless you didn't mean me, then NM)
Old 06-15-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hyperzone

I'm very curious to see what happens with the US in the next few years. I mean, like I mentioned above, alot of people are gonig to have to face reality and seriously cut back on their normal spending and activities in order to afford to drive. There will be a ripple effect that we're going to start seeing... Airfare going up, Tourism going down, SUV/Truck sales plummeting, Food/clothing prices going up, unemployment rate going up, housing market is already in the toilet here in FL but, will probably get worse... I believe its going to be an interesting mess pretty soon.
I have to say I totally agree with pretty much everything said. I've cut back on driving and normal spending. I feel very bad for the people who have been building SUV's and trucks and are now losing their jobs. Some people are choosing between driving and food. What is worse is that in some parts of PA (or at least where I live) we've just had a property tax reassessment that is totally hammering people. I'm talking some people have had $2000+ a year reassessments. I'm very interested to see what this country is going to be like in the upcomming years. I hope that something good happens and we don't have to live like this anymore. There are some people out there who are really struggling.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Our cabin had the tax hike as well. Now, I'm sure you're thinking "Well you have enough money to have a cabin...", not 100% true. We're actually trying to start a cabin business and it's been pretty hard. More so now with all this crap going on :\
Old 06-15-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even if we drilled for our own oil that would make gas go down about $0.20, then the government would find a way to make it go back up that $0.20 anyway...
Old 06-15-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lt1noob
even if we drilled for our own oil that would make gas go down about $0.20, then the government would find a way to make it go back up that $0.20 anyway...
If the refiners charged 15c less, and the wholesalers charged 30c less, and the retailers charged 25c less, and then the government lifted 1/2 of it's tax on gas, which would probably be around 15-25c, we'd save 85-95c/gal then. If they released 100mill barrels from the MAXED (702mill bbl capacity) Strategic Oil Reserve, it'd be probably $2.50-$2.75/gal.

THEN, if we could drill more at home.... 'Nuff said.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

i wish i could see 1000 years into the future. i swear the people would be laughing at us for being so greedy about a substance that will be all over the place again at the 30th century.
Yep, cause we all know that oil is the only substance in the universe that is infinite.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Launching!

if you get a diesel and buy the equipment to make bio diesel it will be way cheaper lol
Old 06-15-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
Yep, cause we all know that oil is the only substance in the universe that is infinite.
as long as there is magma, there will be oil.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

i say we all put higher gears in our cars. just think, a highway driven m6 with 273's would be good for at least 30mpg or closelol! it would be a pain in the city though.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GIVE EM' THE BIRD
i say we all put higher gears in our cars. just think, a highway driven m6 with 273's would be good for at least 30mpg or closelol! it would be a pain in the city though.
I have 3.42s and I get 25 mpg. 30 isn't far off.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
Gas is going up so much. Not even kidding it makes me wanna cry, i mean dam it hit 4.17 in my town and i run 93. ***** expensive i know this is small time but there's alot of user on her we should fill up our tanks and not buy gas fora whole week. Whos with me make a post. If anyone has any plans idea's some way to reduce gas price's or bette rmileage i'm all ears.
The answer is, to start using our OWN natural resources. Until then we are fuc*ed and **** on all the people that are squaking about using our own...ENVIRONMENTALIST.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

4.25 here and sucks especially since my car eats more. i usually drive my bmw since my t/a eats so much now kinda sucks
Old 06-16-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4133668.ece

This is the answer to the oil prices. It will just take a couple of years.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm suprized I haven't heard of anyone trying to hijack a tanker truck yet!

Seriously
Old 06-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Launching!

lol not a bad idea hahahahaha
Old 06-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 93lt1M6z
im not one for the whole gonvernment conspiricy crap or anything like that...but from my research...its because the US is so far in debt and thats why we are in the situation we are in. we made an agreement with saudi arabia i belive pretty much stating we will buy oil only from you....but you take some money and buy back our debt. the treaty was signed and thats how it began. the world bank sets the price of oil...not oil companys. the oil lines in alaska could supply the US for 200+ years...and within a year...cali gas prices be down to 1.50 or less a gallon. its kinda scary **** i read about..and this one guy has alot of proof about it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74697167011147

its a long video....but worth the watch. i found it intersting and i dont care about politics or anything like that.

heres a link
That's Lindsey Williams, the guy I mentioned earlier. Is that some crazy **** or what?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Apparently the Saudi's finally heard about how high our prices are and plan to do something about it. According to the news, we should see $2.50 by the time everything is settled, but it'll be awhile. No clue how long "awhile" is though, but if it's a year, that's fine by me. Mom was walking out the door and I asked her about it, 200,000 barrels more next month which should drop the prices/bbl by $49! So it'll be down to around $80/bbl Note: Those bbls aren't going to us, but the world, so that's how it'll drop the price.

as long as there is magma, there will be oil.
I'm no scientist, but I believe that unless there's another mass extinction, that isn't how it works. Now, sure there might be small bits of oil being made, but no huge pockets like we have now.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Formula350
Apparently the Saudi's finally heard about how high our prices are and plan to do something about it. According to the news, we should see $2.50 by the time everything is settled, but it'll be awhile. No clue how long "awhile" is though, but if it's a year, that's fine by me. Mom was walking out the door and I asked her about it, 200,000 barrels more next month which should drop the prices/bbl by $49! So it'll be down to around $80/bbl Note: Those bbls aren't going to us, but the world, so that's how it'll drop the price.

I'm no scientist, but I believe that unless there's another mass extinction, that isn't how it works. Now, sure there might be small bits of oil being made, but no huge pockets like we have now.

Formula did you read my post from above about the microbes that create oil? Its also carbon negative without sulfur. If the trend continues this might help out.

Quick Reply: does anyone have the answer to gas prices