LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

headers and tires!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers and tires!

cliff notes: got new nitto 555r's and my pace setter long tubes!

so to make a long story short work today sucked big time. had to cover for three designers that were all gone. went to my car at lunch, rear passenger tire is half flat. . . WTF! so i call my buddy at discount and he eventually tells me he can get me two Nitto 555R's (the R's are the drag radial version of the 555) for about $130 a peice when they retail at about $165 or so. so i get there and he tells me its gunna be $305 with the warranty and install. well i just paid for my PS LT's like two days prior so i had like $280 total. i tell him that and he says i can get you out the door for $270. so i ended up getting what would have been near $400 bucks worth of tires and warranties for $270. then to top the cake off when i got home i was talking to my pops the door bell rings and my LT's are right there.

so sorry for a long story but im hella excited since if you know anything about me or my car you'd know i didnt do things a little bass ackwards.
getting a cam thrown in when i blew my head gasket without even having any exhaust. haha silly move. but you live you learn and now comes the real fun!

thx!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

man o man i know the feeling i got all, as in every bolton for my car, from ups on the shittyist day at work, the feelin is great. took pics and loved em. but tryin to put em all on sucked...clutch too. got all done in one day. good luck
Old 07-18-2008, 01:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ttranssam
man o man i know the feeling i got all, as in every bolton for my car, from ups on the shittyist day at work, the feelin is great. took pics and loved em. but tryin to put em all on sucked...clutch too. got all done in one day. good luck
haha thanks man, i know its kinda late at night and i wasn't really lookin for any sympathy just thought i would express how effin happy i am. full exhaust, intake, UD pullies, a cam and all valve train components, another solid tune, and some sticky *** tires. i can't wait to let this baby rip at the track! hopefully my 10 bolt likes me and my tranny is in good shape!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Congrats Ben, thanks for the picture of the hedders last night at 1030 lol. Anyway cant wait for it all to get put on so we can see what your car runs.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by EliteCamaro94
Congrats Ben, thanks for the picture of the hedders last night at 1030 lol. Anyway cant wait for it all to get put on so we can see what your car runs.
i agree, and the only other one thing i really need to make it complete for now would be a stall converter.

and dont act like you didnt love how those babies looked! i actually like the fact that they are painted black that way they kinda match my black intake and are kinda low key too, i didnt want the fact that i had headers to be real obvious. i want people to think my car is close to stock or just has a cat back.

i love surprising people so much. especially when they see my 16 y/o lookin mug.

Last edited by PNYKLR-TA; 07-18-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah man your car is really gonna wake up with full exhaust and the stall. You probably wont have as hard of a time keepin up with my stock car lol
Old 07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by EliteCamaro94
Yeah man your car is really gonna wake up with full exhaust and the stall. You probably wont have as hard of a time keepin up with my stock car lol
hahahahahahahaahah i almost spit the water out of my mouth i was drinking. ok mr 2.73 stock filter slipping tranny.

its alright thou, just wait till you can get that loan, then the funs begins for both of us
Old 07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

ha thats awesome, you saw how well those 2.73's do on the freeway at around 65 to about 105 lol. Yeah when the loan comes its gonna be good times as long as the damn bank gives me what i want. Fingers crossed though im still trying to get the cash together to pay off this debt i have damnit
Old 07-18-2008, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

i feel you man. as soon as i pay off one of my credit accounts with the bank my tranny will be getting build with a nice stall converter. then its just a new rear and time for some juice!
Old 07-18-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol yeah i hear ya about getting jacked about getting a part from the ups man... i had a terrible day at work and had to work 3 hours over and didnt get paid for it, got home and sitting on the doorstep were my 3.73's and master install kit (THANKS JAWSGEAR!) and it just made my day all better
hell i was jacked today because my replacement brass headlight gear came in so i can fix my headlight grinding problem for good
Old 07-19-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Junkie

I loved my car all over again when I got my headers installed.

And again today when I sprayed my first N2O shot, a 150.

Quick Reply: headers and tires!