LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

crank bearing help do i need my pistons reconditioned and rods

Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool crank bearing help do i need my pistons reconditioned and rods

this is the story i just traded my built mustang for a rare gold ls1 camaro z28 the story is he changed the clutch to a stage 2 heavy duty clutch and he took it down the street and he said he seen his oil presure gauge go from 60 psi to 20 psi so he turned off the motor right away he tore the motor apart he found out witch it really is the crank bearing the number 1 went out he pushed the car home soon as he found out about the psi . is it true that i would hae to get the pistons and rod reconditioned and what caused the motor to blow the crank bearings. all i know is that it has a thunder racing t- rex cam and a brand new mellin oil pump and thats about it what are the chances of me having to recondition the pistons also what might of caused this
Old 07-24-2008, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by soon_2_be_abominal
this is the story i just traded my built mustang for a rare gold ls1 camaro z28 the story is he changed the clutch to a stage 2 heavy duty clutch and he took it down the street and he said he seen his oil presure gauge go from 60 psi to 20 psi so he turned off the motor right away he tore the motor apart he found out witch it really is the crank bearing the number 1 went out he pushed the car home soon as he found out about the psi . is it true that i would hae to get the pistons and rod reconditioned and what caused the motor to blow the crank bearings. all i know is that it has a thunder racing t- rex cam and a brand new mellin oil pump and thats about it what are the chances of me having to recondition the pistons also what might of caused this
When you tare down any bottom end, you ALWAYS do everthing, don't skimp on anything down there, do it right the first time, you'll be glad you did.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by soon_2_be_abominal
WELL FIRST OFF IF YOU READ THE TITLE OF THIS SECTION, YOU'D KNOW YOURE IN THE WRONG PLACE, THIS IS THE SECTION FOR LT1'S NOT LS1'S, ALTHOUGH IM SURE MANY GUYS IN HERE CAN GIVE YOU SOME DECENT ADVICE ON THE LS1 AS WELL. WELCOME TO THE BOARD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: crank bearing help do i need my pistons reconditioned and rods