LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

few questions after pacesetter lt install

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default few questions after pacesetter lt install

the install went well...time consuming but we all know that.....both went in from bottom...took off alt, dip stick, and stearing linkage....

at idle and wot the car feels wonderful

under slight to moderate load SOMETIMES it feels like its missing or there is a vacuum leak....im thinkink maybe its somethin to do with egr still on but the gas feed line is capped off....maybe sumthin to do with closed loop...wires are all good and so are the plugs....i also have the lt4 km....im about to go take off the egr valve and solenoid...and cap it off....hope this fixes it bc i gotta drive back home tomorrow
Old 07-27-2008, 05:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

just unplug the egr solenoid and make sure it has a good fuse. i couldn't reach my hands back there to take out the egr crap. same for the air pump, which I ripped out though.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:06 AM
Launching!

well i got it off and blocked...took the vacuum lines and pulled an end off...then squirted some rtv sealant into on.....made my own vacuum plug for the nipple on the intake....drove it around...no more problems...just the check engine light on for the egr i assume

Quick Reply: few questions after pacesetter lt install