LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tommorrow's the day.... nerves are KICKIN IN big time

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tommorrow's the day.... nerves are KICKIN IN big time

Yup the time has come for me to run the car on the bottle.... The hood is fitted, electronics are all taken care of, internal data logging is in the box.....

the only thing left to drop is my *****....

Frankly i'm scared of what this thing is gonna do on the bottle... Anyone got any words of wisdom to prevent block cracking wheelstands..... it's too late to install travel limiters or wheelie bars... So i'm going out there with a few ounces of brains, and 2 gallons of stupidity....

Wish me luck. I want it to run SUB 9.50 and i'll be MORE than happy.... I'm only bringing the 150 jets and the 175 jets. Car went 10.62 on motor with a VERY n2o specific cam and gears setup for spray as well.... I just don't want to break anything cause Pinks All Out is less than a month away and I've heard they are looking at a mid 9's possible class (which is exactly where i'll be at roughly).... Would love to win it with the forgotten about LT1.....
Old 08-07-2008, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude I got the chills just reading that, have fun.

Thats an amazing setup WITHOUT the nitrous. Just ramp it up slowly so you can see how it will react, thats how I plan to handle it when I finally get to that point
Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Launching!

good luck bro...u hittin sac up?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 PM
9 Second Club

thanks man..... I was just down there in the garage just staring at the car sittin there all clean and ****, just running thru my mind praying I have everything handled... It's the first time I'll have run in the 9's and the summit box just came in today with my neckbrace, nomex gloves, nomex pants.... that really brought it home for me when i tried all that stuff on that this thing could easily kill me if i'm not careful.....

Probably just some pre-race jitters.... Again I appreciate it man...here's the video of the motor only wheelie it pulled.... It's undergeared for NA but it still yanks em hard and hooks HARD.... so i know it's gonna be nasty on spray cause of the torque..... and my nitrous kit I use jets their kits at the wheels so the 150 shot is a good solid 180-190 hp.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZhv0SsTEmE
Old 08-07-2008, 11:21 PM
9 Second Club

good luck bro...u hittin sac up?
Yup... come on out man...... racing is 6-10 pm.. i'm leaving FF at 3....
Old 08-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Launching!

what time you plannin on gettin up thee ..i might smash up there with some folks to watch u get down
Old 08-07-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

How do you spray? all at once or progressive/stepped?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least you have respect for it. that i think is step one. i can't believe you are hosing it without limiters, or bars for that matter!!! wtf, and in an automatic car! lol!

do you at least have Madman's syabs on it? I hope so.

good question above, are you ramping it or at the very least putting a bit of delay in it?

g'luck with it, if nothing else be safe, you and the car just remember we do this **** for fun!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:31 PM
9 Second Club

what time you plannin on gettin up thee ..i might smash up there with some folks to watch u get down
I'll be up there when the gates open at 4PM, trying to get a good pit spot.... and to get the car ready for tech...

How do you spray? all at once or progressive/stepped
all at once.... It's all handled by my FAST XFI box.... the grounds on my nitrous/fuel relays are wired to the FAST. I run a transbrake relay as the interrupt in the 12 volts wire coming from the switch on the dash. I have the XFI set to ground the relays when the TPS is above 98% and the RPM's are above 3500. When I get on the brake and floor it the XFI will see 100% TPS and 4000 RPMS so it will ground the relays. But since i'm on the brake the 12 volts coming from the switch is interrupted. As soon as I let off the t-brake, it lets the 12 volts thru and since the relays are already grounded all hell breaks loose at that point.... It's instantaneous..... I'm coming out the hole on all the power the tire will handle.... car is on 325/50/15 MT DR's...
Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hang on then, that wheelie is about to get 10x worse

Just careful off the line, keep that wheelie under control so you dont damage anything landing. After that you want all the ***** you can get!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this is going to be insane.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:49 PM
9 Second Club

at least you have respect for it. that i think is step one. i can't believe you are hosing it without limiters, or bars for that matter!!! wtf, and in an automatic car! lol!

do you at least have Madman's syabs on it? I hope so.

good question above, are you ramping it or at the very least putting a bit of delay in it?

g'luck with it, if nothing else be safe, you and the car just remember we do this **** for fun!
Thanks Taner... Means alot coming from the "king of LT1 wheelies"..... Yeah it's a TH400 car leaving on spray with a pretty good set of nitrous gears (3.89's)... So I know it's gonna straight get busy off the line. I DO have Madman SYA bars on it.... the only delay in it is how long it takes 12 volts to reach the relay once I let off the button.... I'm thinking that's probably along the lines of the speed of light...

Hang on then, that wheelie is about to get 10x worse

Just careful off the line, keep that wheelie under control so you dont damage anything landing. After that you want all the ***** you can get
Yeah that's what i'm worried about..... My engine builder is playing it down because I don't think he realizes how nasty torque arm cars can be off the line.... These cars hook and go vertical unlike old school 4 link cars provided they don't blow the tires off.... We've got 3 and 6 on the QA1's front and rear and she hasn't even hazed the tires yet.... My 325's have about 11 or so passes on them.... Right around the time they hook the BEST.... After about 30 passes they'll start going away.....
Old 08-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Banned

myonly guess would be if you have a rpm switch use it...start high and come down with it...if the car start wheel tanding tighten the front shocks you should be able to make it stop with just shocks...but if not try adding 1/4 pound of air at a time to the rear tires...i think that should help it not dead hook and get a lil wheel spin might actually 60/et better

but im no suspension expert
Old 08-08-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, Im going to check back tomorrow for the results so you need to leave some updates tomorrow night. I expect to hear that you A. **** yourself and B. Broke 9.50 in that exact order.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

Good luck, congrats on a killer LTx setup !
Old 08-08-2008, 01:39 AM
9 Second Club

thanks guys.... stay tuned for the updates tommorrow evening..... I'll probably get home late like around 11:30 pacific time..... But I'll definitely post.....

Video will follow since I've got a bunch of ppl shooting pics and video of the car.....
Old 08-08-2008, 05:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Run the Solenoid ground wire inside the car to a microswitch on the steering wheel like I did.

That way if it gets up too high, let go of the switch turning the spray OFF. Leaving your foot on the floor so the car doesnt come crashing back down.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Yup the time has come for me to run the car on the bottle.... The hood is fitted, electronics are all taken care of, internal data logging is in the box.....

the only thing left to drop is my *****....

Frankly i'm scared of what this thing is gonna do on the bottle... Anyone got any words of wisdom to prevent block cracking wheelstands..... it's too late to install travel limiters or wheelie bars... So i'm going out there with a few ounces of brains, and 2 gallons of stupidity....

Wish me luck. I want it to run SUB 9.50 and i'll be MORE than happy.... I'm only bringing the 150 jets and the 175 jets. Car went 10.62 on motor with a VERY n2o specific cam and gears setup for spray as well.... I just don't want to break anything cause Pinks All Out is less than a month away and I've heard they are looking at a mid 9's possible class (which is exactly where i'll be at roughly).... Would love to win it with the forgotten about LT1.....
Good luck!

I know you have the support of the whole LT1 crowd with you
Old 08-08-2008, 08:12 AM

Good luck out there! Go bag a sub 9.50 pass for us
Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine hit like a frieght train man. Be careful and prepared. Also be prepared for the "Talk" with the officals

Good luck an dlet us know

BTW do not feel bad I have been a whimp this year about pushing the button

Quick Reply: Tommorrow's the day.... nerves are KICKIN IN big time