LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

*PICS* Lt1 Hsr Design

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GGPC, why not use the GM Ram Jet? Or is it (just the intake) more than the Steath Ram? Since these use (it appears) GEN III+ TBs, I'd think we could get them from the forsale and ebay for cheap. Kick down for non E transmission users would need a mod I think though.

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=74908
Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweetness have you tested them yet ?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned

I want one! lol
Old 09-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Banned

The GM Ram Jet's plenum is a little small. Its a lot like the edelbrock piece. I dont know what it would do for a modified engine.

No new updates really. We are taking our time and getting a system down so we can cut down on the labor side. I'll post pics of the final product that we will test when its done.

The air gap and machining off the crossover are two separate options. Its looking like $100.00 for the air gap. I would like to just cut off the crossover for part of the base model. It has no function for the LT1.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GGPC
The GM Ram Jet's plenum is a little small. Its a lot like the edelbrock piece. I dont know what it would do for a modified engine.

No new updates really. We are taking our time and getting a system down so we can cut down on the labor side. I'll post pics of the final product that we will test when its done.

The air gap and machining off the crossover are two separate options. Its looking like $100.00 for the air gap. I would like to just cut off the crossover for part of the base model. It has no function for the LT1.
You guys should check out the thread I made here about some guys getting the LSx PCMs working on LTx setups (and gen 1). Then maybe fab up some of the required stuff (a nice reluctor wheel for the crank trigger portion for people who don't want to convert to 95+ setup) and when they figure out what is needed for the cam signal, that stuff too. As well as an adapter for LT to LS PCM plugs. Then offer a partial and full kit. Full including a engine wiring harness, as well as a PCM and the required components. Partials being the hard parts to add onto an LT engine and the harness adapter. Seeing that people are, and would be, quite interested in that.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by GGPC

So let me get this straight, the deleted crossover will already be a part of the base model intake kit? That sounds great! I'd prolly be willing to pay for the air gap if that's the case, people have worked harder to lose 5lbs, lol!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have been going crazy trying to find the issue,either super chevy or popular hot rodding but they did this(similar) they did a small amount of work to the SR and put it on a either and F-body or a B-body about 7 years ago.
they dynoed it and the car lost 8-10hp but gained 20tq.....they also did a superram along with the 300 bolts!
i realize the difference of what you guys are doing as far as OPTIMIZING the SRs full potential with a little massaging....
i am sure all your efforts will be rewarding
Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
So let me get this straight, the deleted crossover will already be a part of the base model intake kit? That sounds great! I'd prolly be willing to pay for the air gap if that's the case, people have worked harder to lose 5lbs, lol!
Thats a good point, I would pay the extra 100 for the air gab (or whatever the cost was) even if it gave me no gains and only lost me 5 pounds
Old 09-06-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright, you need to get this done and show us some results (after seeing more Edelbrock results, which really SUCK!) I am ready to buy. I have 100% decided to put my 385 LT4 in my 95 TA, instead of a built LSx. I am building a 69 Camaro, so I am going to use the parts I already have to finish my TA, and use my "toy" money on the 69.

So if this looks as good as I am expecting and performs as well as we all expect I am ready to buy the Ported LT4 version, my 385 has Lingenfelter ported heads.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I finally started work on my intake design, it's based off of some modifications I've seen of LT1s, but takes it a step farther. Shouldn't take long to do, or even cost much. I'd say, w/o porting the intake, a total of 2hrs of work (at the most). If I had a welder that'd do aluminum, I'd mod one up!
Old 09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just stumbled on to this thread. I machined a Stealth Ram to fit my LT1 with AFR 220 heads a couple of years ago. It took some work but it seems to work nicely. On the dyno it pulled to 6900 rpm without falling off. It is currently on a 350. The induction package is eventually going to be put on a 396 stroker setup. But for now I had this 350 short block done and ready to go so it was easier to bolt it on to it. As far as fitment goes It is in a B-body, all I had to do was mill a 45* angle in the rear top of the plenum to clear the cowl area of the fire wall. It's a tight fit but it works. I have a ASM 50 mm throttle body an 42lb injectors. I have a areomotive fuel pump so making fuel lines was easy.

I have several other pics of it in the car on a different computer. I'll gets some on if anyone wants to see them.
Attached Thumbnails *PICS* Lt1 Hsr Design-p1010037.jpg   *PICS* Lt1 Hsr Design-front.jpg  
Old 09-06-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice, looks real clean too. Definitely post those pics up.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any release dates? Has any work been done on the LT4 version?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
Any release dates? Has any work been done on the LT4 version?
"LT4 version"? You mean one that'll bolt up to the same pattern as LT1 but with slightly taller ports?

Been awhile since I read the thread, but I believe they mentioned compatibility for both. I mean, people will want to port them for their ported heads, after all.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know this is an old one (month) but Id like to hear some updates/progress. Maybe even some pics?

I am still interested in getting one, if your still going through with it.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think they should look into doing this kind of intake with dual 3800 TBs I don't see it being too hard to make a crude, non-cast style. 3.5" pipe capped on the back with the runners tapped into it. Hardest part I see would be the runners since they are of a rectangular design, and I don't know of any rectangular thin-metal stock you could easily use. Head mounding would be the use of an header flange style with the runners welded in. Then you'd just need to fab/find a valley pan.

http://g-forcecuda.com/gallery/phrfe...4phr_cuda_10_z
Old 10-06-2008, 10:22 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ That would be an interesting design. I could see fabricating something like that rather easily. The only problem I potentially see is the lack of runner length. You could obviously lengthen that, but then you'd start running into hood clearance issues. I wouldn't mind cutting my hood and think it would actually look sweet to have two of those poking out, but some people are panseys and don't want to cut on their cars.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a SLP Ultra Z hood and am converting to the LS1 lid setup. I bet this would work perfectly! Any way for me to get in on this testing? I would like to swing one of these.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jmalibuss
I just stumbled on to this thread. I machined a Stealth Ram to fit my LT1 with AFR 220 heads a couple of years ago. It took some work but it seems to work nicely. On the dyno it pulled to 6900 rpm without falling off. It is currently on a 350. The induction package is eventually going to be put on a 396 stroker setup. But for now I had this 350 short block done and ready to go so it was easier to bolt it on to it. As far as fitment goes It is in a B-body, all I had to do was mill a 45* angle in the rear top of the plenum to clear the cowl area of the fire wall. It's a tight fit but it works. I have a ASM 50 mm throttle body an 42lb injectors. I have a areomotive fuel pump so making fuel lines was easy.

I have several other pics of it in the car on a different computer. I'll gets some on if anyone wants to see them.
Very nice...pulling to 6900 rpms. What cam, dynograph?
Old 01-17-2009, 03:04 AM
TECH Resident

Honesty it reminds me of the Edelbrock ram gap grap they have. Of course there's is red. All though it looks a little bigger like the sheet metal intakes. #'s will prove ever thing!

Quick Reply: *PICS* Lt1 Hsr Design