LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

!!!!!LT goes 9.0's in DENVER!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I wish someone would be able to do this and stay fuel injected
yeah plenty of us are working on it. I'm taking the car out this weekend for some more runs.... I think we have a few tenths in the combo with the same jets..... I bought travel limiters so hopefully that'll help the car go out and not up....

On 30th's note I was talking to my engine builder and he was mentioning on a nitrous car that the offset between sea level and at altitude wouldn't be as much as on an NA car because nitrous is the same oxygen content regardless.... I see his theory. Anyone have any ideas on this? Is a nitrous car as affected by altitude as a different setup would be???? Even still at altitude that car is running an 8 sumthing....

30th how bad is the motor hurt????? And how much total spray were you running when it nipped the plug????? If you get the fuel injection back man is it nice.... XFI has all kinds of features for helping with getting the car to hook, bringing on the nitrous, and WIDEBAND!!! Irreplaceable as far as i'm concerned.... I unlike others along with my tuner who runs some 7 second nitrous smallblock stuff run in closed loop with feedback from the XFI so it'll correct to a certain A/F ratio..... Great feature especially on the big end when the bottle starts dropping pressure. You won't get fat on the big end. It'll stay to what you have plugged in and the car will keep pullin..... Not that you have a problem with the car pulling... LOL!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
yeah plenty of us are working on it. I'm taking the car out this weekend for some more runs.... I think we have a few tenths in the combo with the same jets..... I bought travel limiters so hopefully that'll help the car go out and not up....

On 30th's note I was talking to my engine builder and he was mentioning on a nitrous car that the offset between sea level and at altitude wouldn't be as much as on an NA car because nitrous is the same oxygen content regardless.... I see his theory. Anyone have any ideas on this? Is a nitrous car as affected by altitude as a different setup would be???? Even still at altitude that car is running an 8 sumthing....

30th how bad is the motor hurt????? And how much total spray were you running when it nipped the plug????? If you get the fuel injection back man is it nice.... XFI has all kinds of features for helping with getting the car to hook, bringing on the nitrous, and WIDEBAND!!! Irreplaceable as far as i'm concerned.... I unlike others along with my tuner who runs some 7 second nitrous smallblock stuff run in closed loop with feedback from the XFI so it'll correct to a certain A/F ratio..... Great feature especially on the big end when the bottle starts dropping pressure. You won't get fat on the big end. It'll stay to what you have plugged in and the car will keep pullin..... Not that you have a problem with the car pulling... LOL!!!
I have been to Speedworld a couple years back and we did pick up ET/MPH on spray. Not a ton, but we did gain. Some of our local guys go to Vegas for some PSCA stuff and they typically pickup 2-3 tenths. I don't know that it would have been an 8.50 car, but it would have been well into the 8's I'd bet money!!!

The bullet is hurt pretty bad; all part of the game. As it is our track is closed so I have plenty of time to get her all straightened out for next year.

Probably stick with this carb; seems to be working pretty well and I'd rather get a few more sensors for the Racepak.

Don't think I'd be running closed loop spraying this much; by the time the wideband sees the problem and the computer makes a change it's too late anyway. You need to work on your open loop tune and get it perfect just as you would a carb. My .02
Old 10-16-2008, 12:25 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah we still read plugs to get the timing and fueling dead on but we trust the XFI to not kill the motor... My fueling tune for closed loop is trimming fuel like 3% or so... Barely having to do anything even with the o2 correction....

You're right though that closed loop isn't the answer to a bad tuneup. We read plugs, correct timing and give the motor what it wants... My tuner uses the closed loop to get the final tune as close to zero correction as possible.... So it acts like open loop but finds the A/F we want and gives theo the feedback he needs to correct the fueling to 11.5:1 between passes......

And yeah your car would DEFINITELY be in the 8's in good air easily..... Did you take out a piston? hopefully it didn't hurt the block.....
Old 10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Yeah we still read plugs to get the timing and fueling dead on but we trust the XFI to not kill the motor... My fueling tune for closed loop is trimming fuel like 3% or so... Barely having to do anything even with the o2 correction....

You're right though that closed loop isn't the answer to a bad tuneup. We read plugs, correct timing and give the motor what it wants... My tuner uses the closed loop to get the final tune as close to zero correction as possible.... So it acts like open loop but finds the A/F we want and gives theo the feedback he needs to correct the fueling to 11.5:1 between passes......

And yeah your car would DEFINITELY be in the 8's in good air easily..... Did you take out a piston? hopefully it didn't hurt the block.....

Yeah we got a piston. Just one, but it's enough to send material everywhere!!!! The block will be okay. The heads and block will just need a littl eclean up.

On a side note; the bearings looked GREAT! Wasn't beating the **** outta those, nor walking around.

You guys better get your 8 soon. I assure you when this is back together we will get ours
Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stroked30th
You guys better get your 8 soon. I assure you when this is back together we will get ours
I am going out this weekend on the DP 35 jets.

j/king........it will be another month or so for me.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:02 PM
9 Second Club

Going out this weekend on the 150 shot still....... gotta shore up the front end with some travel limiters so it doesn't flip over.....

it goes up on the bumper on a 150 so i don't want to test with anymore spray.... sucks cause I have a grudge race on saturday night.... oh well. i'd rather lose money than wreck cause the car flipped...
Old 10-16-2008, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

*****! Let it eat.

No progressive I assume? One stage too?

Mines a two stage Speedtech plate . I had it down to a pretty good sience of what it will take of the brake and when to bring the second in. We never went full tight on the front shocks and we had torque arm pretty aggressive. Next year I might set the arm different and hit more off the brake.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI guys a Good EFI system has the power to analized and adjust AFR 10+ times per RPM per cylinder at 6,000 RPM

I have been fighting mine all year. The only time it worked was on the Dyno PERFECTLY! Every time to the track it has done some thing new. Ray has talked me into putting the FJO back on for this weekend but I am leaving my options open for nothing but a live button! One way or another the juice is loose this weekend.

So what is it I am worried about besides putting my Slow *** POS on the bumper?

Rain!

BTW ported stock heads and stock PCM
Old 10-16-2008, 10:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
FYI guys a Good EFI system has the power to analized and adjust AFR 10+ times per RPM per cylinder at 6,000 RPM
Agreed! But by the time the O2 see it the combustion, plus so many more, have already happened!
Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I have been fighting mine all year. The only time it worked was on the Dyno PERFECTLY! Every time to the track it has done some thing new. Ray has talked me into putting the FJO back on for this weekend but I am leaving my options open for nothing but a live button! One way or another the juice is loose this weekend.

So what is it I am worried about besides putting my Slow *** POS on the bumper?

Rain!

BTW ported stock heads and stock PCM
Best of luck this weekend!!! Throw a post up so we know how it goes.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i love LT's more and more everyday........congrats

Quick Reply: !!!!!LT goes 9.0's in DENVER!!!!!