LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

low rpm stutter... searched!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Ill bet its a dirty or bad MAF sensor.
K&N oil is known to cause this if the filter is over oiled.
My truck just had the same exact problem, I tried everything wires,plugs cap rotor,fuel pump fuel filter, fuel system flush, and then all types of injector cleaner etc.
It ended up being a dirty MAF sensor. It wasnt broken so it didnt throw codes just made the truck run like **** ride when you would start driving then it would be fine once you were moving. Under wot it would stuter then start running fine.
I really liked this idea. I asked him tonight if he has a K&N and if he has ever over oiled it. He has YES to both. He said he had it so full of oil once that the car was running terrible and eventually went to running better (I suspect he didn't let it dry out fully before oiling as well). So we pulled the MAF off. Looks pretty dirty to my eyes. So I'm going to get some sensor cleaner and clean that baby up. I understand it is a delicate part and it needs to be pretty darn clean to do it's just properly. I'm thinking we might have nailed it here. We will know shortly. Thanks for the idea!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AChotrod, you hit the nail on the head! I cleaned the MAF and put it back on. We lugged the crap out of that LT and never got one stutter or miss. We ran it hard at all rpms and it ran great. That was a cheap and easy fix. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: low rpm stutter... searched!