Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Break-in procedure SPEC Stage III ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Break-in procedure SPEC Stage III ??

I just picked up a SPEC stage III and installed it while I was doing the headers this weekend. I've got everything up and running, but was curious if there is a special break-in procedure for the clutch/PP? I've heard different people say that you should put a couple hundered miles on it before you crack into it or dump it hard on a launch.. dont know if thats just to eliminate the "chatter" or if its the recommended procedure for breaking the thing in. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Talon77
Old 09-13-2003, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Clutch Break-in procedure SPEC Stage III ??

Recommended break-in is at least 200-250 miles on it. I do 500-800 just to make sure. Also you want to do mostly city, stop-n-go to help seat the clutch and break it in. Heres what I do:
go out a few weeknights on a fairly steady traffic road with stop lights. I drive for a about 30-50 miles then I park it and let it sit and cool down. Sometimes I will stop at the mall or Best Buy or something while it's cooling down. Then I drive for another 30-50 miles on the way home and let it sit for the night. Break-in takes me about a week to do because I put so much miles on during break-in.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Clutch Break-in procedure SPEC Stage III ??

With the spec stage III and the x-pad I had zero chatter right after the install. I drove it 250 miles on a road trip to break it in.