Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 05:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def out of buisiness, site closed, email sends me a thing saying the address no longer exists.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 AM
12 Second Club

Well then again Houston has had some bad weather hurting alot of shops in the past three years. SSI dont owe me anything, and my trans is still taking my abuse.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, that really sucks. I bought a new GTO trans from them just under a year ago and after a little bit of run around on getting it shipped when it was supposed to, I got it. I thought about posting the issue online but changed my mind after I had a problem with it due to a clutch failure and SSI had me ship it back, then fixed it for free and paid to ship it back to me. That more than made up for the original issue in my mind seeing as how they held no responsibility for the problem, so I've been recommending them ever since. That really sucks because their builds seem like quality builds from my experience. Ah well, sounds like I got one of the last good transmissions from them.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I too have a good T-56 from them, but was starting to get the impression that they were in a bit over their heads as of late. I'm really sorry to hear all of this bad stuff when I had such a good experience with them only a couple years back.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Through the state of texas, I cant find anything about six speeds inc or "huneycutt"
when i searched for huneycutt it game me Edawrd and amber huneycutt for T56rebuilds.com inc tax forfeiture in 07

i are so pissed.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, I had always heard good things about them too and, until I saw this thread just now, I was considering purchasing a built T-56 from them. Guess that's not going to happen! For everybody that is owed money from them I really hope you can get it back somehow.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Teching In

nevermind its under "SIX SPEED, INC."
Old 10-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Teching In

gaysssssssssssssssssssssss

Last edited by circa; 10-30-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Well I'm one of the unfortunate ones that sent the $500 initial deposit to find this out.

My check was cashed on the 2nd of OCT..where am I right now..sitting in Iraq..

So it was a pretty decent feeling knowing that I may have possibly lost $500. Can I affort that loss in the big scheme of things, yes. Do I really honestly want to..knowing that my money is already gone and I will possibly never see it again..no, but that the hell you going to do, it would cost more than that in Lawyer costs..

I have sent several PM's to work out a deal on possibly getting it built through Joe himself. That way I can atleast have a Transmission, instead of getting completely ripped off on my $500.

What do you guys think of that..would you go with that, I'm still debating it given the last few months of their business with some of you guys, and knowing that I won't have any guarantees, and that some of you guys havent even recieved what you ordered.

Lets here some opinions..I'm personally leaning toward the take this one in the ***, and know that I may never see my money again..

EDIT: I'm sure someone has noticed as well as I have, but their screen name has changed..I wonder when their little add will disappear from the Sponsors Links over on the right side.

Last edited by the_merv; 12-07-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
.Lets here some opinions..I'm personally leaning toward the take this one in the ***, and know that I may never see my money again..

Unfortunately, It doesn't look good. I was going to have my tranny rebuilt but, the shop that was doing it (also a sponsor here) ordered from them even after I told them not to. They are out the $$$$ unless they get lucky to get it back. What I don't get is if they are in such dire straights, how they can afford to go to the LSX shootout to set records? Especially when so many people are owed so much.

Last edited by bigblockb; 10-30-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Banned

Lots of shops spend money they do not have .
Old 10-30-2008, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblockb
How they can afford to go to the LSX shootout to set records? Especially when so many people are owed so much.
We paid for it.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

EDIT: I'm sure someone has noticed as well as I have, but their screen name has changed..I wonder when their little add will disappear from the Sponsors Links over on the right side.
Yeah that just changed some time today. I looked earlier today and it was still Six Speeds Inc.

We paid for it.
That seems to be the case!

EDIT: Link to a number to call to try to resolve any issues: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...3#post10393263

Last edited by wht01ws6ta; 10-30-2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone who is having problems with them see this thread..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/1010629-six-speeds-inc.html
Old 10-30-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
For anyone who is having problems with them see this thread..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010629
That's the link I just posted, bro!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Too bad to hear that from alot of people.
The one time i orderd parts from them was 2 months ago & i had to call from abroad 3 times & was left on the phone for nearly 10 min just to know when they will ship the parts and in the end i got them 3 weeks after i made the payment when they told me they have the parts ready to be shipped in 2 days.From that day i decided not to DO BUSINESS WITH THEM EVER AGAIN.so it must have been coming.
Too bad they are doing that to others too.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
That's the link I just posted, bro!
Yes, yes it is I guess it would help if i read more lol
Old 10-31-2008, 03:26 PM
9 Second Club

I really do feel for the people that are out $$$$ as of today. I know Joe and Amber to be great people(contrary to what Joey@Tick insinuated) and have always been willing to help the LSx community move forward.

It's absolutely possible that they got in over their heads. It's possible they over-stepped their means financially. It's also possible that they were struck by the "economy bug". Probably the best conclusion is a cumulative hit on all fronts.

The truth of the matter is this: Everyone needs to take one step back and take a deep breath. Even those with money out of pocket. I highly doubt Joe/Amber are the type of people to just dissapear from the LSx community, or intentionally screw people out of money.

I would say the thing that has hurt them the worst is possibly getting a little too big of an operation, and at the worst possible time with our current economic crisis. That hurt them because the customer contact/service suffered, and they had no way to back-flow. Alot of what i hear is the slow replies/turnaround on parts really hurt some people's trust. That's a fair critisicm to make. I still strongly believe that Joe and Amber will do anything and everything to make things right.

Also, please try to keep the "Well that's not the business i want" or "what a crappy ____" Joe/Amber have been around the LSx community too long to get dragged through the mud like that. They deserve a little respect, or at the very least they have earned the chance to prove they will make things right.

Anyone that has owned or still does own a small start up business knows this is the inherent nightmare that faces the majority of startups. It's tough to see when you are the one out $2500 or $5000, but I think the best thing you have going for you is Joe/Amber are respected members of "our" community" and will do what is right.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Teching In

I've been waiting since April for my gearbox !! Paid up front as i live in scotland had every excuse in the book from amber. They knew they were going bust along while ago. Its not what i'd expect from a fellow petrolhead. Sad day........
Old 10-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Nobody wants to lose X amount of money.
I'm just looking after getting my money back without creating a fuss.
I have reopened a claim through paypal (well after 45 days) and called Amber at the new number, saying she will refund it on monday. Completely holding this to her as I have plenty of information about Amber/Joe and T56/SSi.
I really dont want to make a big fuss... but its alot of money to be losing.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??