Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LSX clutch options? nv4500 tranny

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX clutch options? nv4500 tranny

this is a little off topic being that this clutch is for a truck, but my research tells me that any lsx clutch should work on a lq4. now my dilema is that i know my nv4500 5 speed has a 10 spline input shaft. lets sat for instance i get an ls7 kit, it should bolt up correct? but has the wrong spline count, any chance on getting a different disc for an lsx clutch? can anybody shine some light on the clutch options and any help with the nv4500 setup would be nice. im just replacing a stock clutch, i smoked it pretty good and it just doesnt feel the same, its probably still ok but im not a fan of being stranded when it decides its had enough.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

The NV4500 does in fact have a 10 spline input shaft . As far as getting a disc made that is the correct diameter with a 10 spline hub is not an issue at all . I have them built all the time for customers doing conversions .
Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeangreenHD
this is a little off topic being that this clutch is for a truck, but my research tells me that any lsx clutch should work on a lq4. now my dilema is that i know my nv4500 5 speed has a 10 spline input shaft. lets sat for instance i get an ls7 kit, it should bolt up correct? but has the wrong spline count, any chance on getting a different disc for an lsx clutch? can anybody shine some light on the clutch options and any help with the nv4500 setup would be nice. im just replacing a stock clutch, i smoked it pretty good and it just doesnt feel the same, its probably still ok but im not a fan of being stranded when it decides its had enough.
why dont you try rebleeding the master and see if pedal pressure returns
Old 11-24-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

pedal feel is perfect, it just grabs at a different spot than previous i believe. feels great and doesnt slip, but catches at a different point, i know smoking it took some life off of it, i guess i will have to find a spec and gbet under therer and measure the friction disk
Old 11-25-2008, 01:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeangreenHD
pedal feel is perfect, it just grabs at a different spot than previous i believe. feels great and doesnt slip, but catches at a different point, i know smoking it took some life off of it, i guess i will have to find a spec and gbet under therer and measure the friction disk
did you do the drill mod? also is it an entirely new clutch setup? did you reuse the flywheel and did you have it resurfaced? if you did then the little bit of material might of made the difference in grabbing. you could always space the pedal out some so its where you wan it again.

smoking clutch? maybe needs driver mod

Quick Reply: LSX clutch options? nv4500 tranny