Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutch Drivability

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Good question.

If you are using the car on the street mainly and are looking for longetivity then I'd recommend a Level 5 or one of my twins when they release. The twin will have better street manners, but, the 5 will be less expensive.

Just curious, but why would you recommend a twin for his setup (similar power numbers and mine will be driven every day so longevity is a BIG deal) and a level 3 or 5 for mine? Is it cause of the possible No2 shot?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Good question.

If you are using the car on the street mainly and are looking for longetivity then I'd recommend a Level 5 or one of my twins when they release. The twin will have better street manners, but, the 5 will be less expensive.
then twin it shall be ....pending positive test results
Old 01-29-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

i just ordered the level 3 package, i'll let you know how it is when it comes in
Old 01-29-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very interested in getting one in about 3 weeks when I get home from this stupid workup. My LS6 clutch is hanging on by the skin of its teeth. I've only heard good things about the monster setups, just not sure which one to get yet.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98WsSick
i just ordered the level 3 package, i'll let you know how it is when it comes in
Wait until you see what it arrives in.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

I have a similar question. The trans is going to get rebuilt soon and so is the clutch. When it's apart the car is going to get headers/cam/intake. Car will probably be around 380-400rwhp(hopeful). Later this year I am planning on single turbo on the stock bottom end. I want to keep the power around 550rwhp to try and keep the engine alive. The car will see the track maybe twice a year. It has strano/koni's on it and I beat the **** out of the car on occasion but don't abuse it.

I was looking at the stage 2 kit because it says it's good to 525ft lbs or close to that. With the possible addition of the turbo kit later this year I thought going with the stage three would be good insurance so to speak.

The car will not have slicks on it. Anything racing or playing around will be done from a roll. Quick blasts to the mid of 4th gear.

Thanks for any input.

I am also planning on using the tick adjustable MC to make sure I don't have any problems burning the clutch up.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by squee
Just curious, but why would you recommend a twin for his setup (similar power numbers and mine will be driven every day so longevity is a BIG deal) and a level 3 or 5 for mine? Is it cause of the possible No2 shot?
It is definetly the spray, that kind of "shock" put on a clutch will kill most of what is out there. We recommend what is safe and what will last, sometimes that means it'll be a bit overkill.

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
then twin it shall be ....pending positive test results
Sounds good!

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
I'm very interested in getting one in about 3 weeks when I get home from this stupid workup. My LS6 clutch is hanging on by the skin of its teeth. I've only heard good things about the monster setups, just not sure which one to get yet.
Give us a call or shoot me a pm with any questions you may have, we'll be more than happy to take care of you!

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I have a similar question. The trans is going to get rebuilt soon and so is the clutch. When it's apart the car is going to get headers/cam/intake. Car will probably be around 380-400rwhp(hopeful). Later this year I am planning on single turbo on the stock bottom end. I want to keep the power around 550rwhp to try and keep the engine alive. The car will see the track maybe twice a year. It has strano/koni's on it and I beat the **** out of the car on occasion but don't abuse it.

I was looking at the stage 2 kit because it says it's good to 525ft lbs or close to that. With the possible addition of the turbo kit later this year I thought going with the stage three would be good insurance so to speak.

The car will not have slicks on it. Anything racing or playing around will be done from a roll. Quick blasts to the mid of 4th gear.

Thanks for any input.

I am also planning on using the tick adjustable MC to make sure I don't have any problems burning the clutch up.
I'd highly recommend a Level 3, this will take the abuse, give you great streetability, and will last for your future mods. If you choose the Level 2 you'll be replacing it after the turbo install. Give us a call if you need anything else, any of our guys will be more than happy to take care of you.

Steve Addison
SNL Performance/Monster Clutch Co.
817-750-2000
Old 01-31-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

I'd highly recommend a Level 3, this will take the abuse, give you great streetability, and will last for your future mods. If you choose the Level 2 you'll be replacing it after the turbo install.

That's good to know. I just didn't know how it would be on the street. Do you think a Tick Adj. Master cylinder would be a good idea too? I would rather have a little overkill and not have to worry about it.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
That's good to know. I just didn't know how it would be on the street. Do you think a Tick Adj. Master cylinder would be a good idea too? I would rather have a little overkill and not have to worry about it.
Absolutely!

The Tick master cylinder is a great piece and will definetly compliment the setup!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Teching In

looks like great products waiting on the results of the twin disc setups

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch Drivability