Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

A little update on the tranny rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little update on the tranny rebuild

background...i bought the car in dec 07. the tranny progressively got worse. so right before i put it in the shop it was clunking, not goin into reverse, popping out of 2nd, hard to downshift into 5th and impossible in 2nd, and when you turned it off it sounded like gravel in the tranny, but when you held in the clutch it was fine. so he called me yesterday and said that 3rd and 4th gear were broke and there was a lot of broken pieces in the bottom of the tranny, but not all of it was from those gears. he said its been trashed before and half *** fixed. they didnt even clean up all the broken pieces in the tranny. im tellin you, the guy who owned this before me seizes to amaze me at some of the things he has done. but its all good. its been in the shop for about a week and a half and i got bit by the mod bug. so i have bought a ported throttle body, asp underdrive pulley, strano solid front sway bar, 1LE rubber lca bushings from strano, umi boxed sfc's, umi's tunnel mounted torque arm. i cant wait to see what kind of difference all this makes. i also asked him if he thinks that tranny/slipping clutch could have robbed some hp and he said for sure. so hopefully my hp/tq in my sig will go up a little bit once i dyno it again. it will be after clutch break in and on a different dyno, but still a dynojet, so it wont be completely accurate to my past dyno.