Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

anyone tried Autozone slave or master cyls?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser

This is the one I installed...and I will say, it looks nicer than the one from GM. The one from GM looked kinda ratty.

This is the one that you get from GM now. Where did you get that one?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he got it from autozone. i just installed one part number was the same as the ls6 one i just pulled out
Old 03-13-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup...thats the one I got from autozone. The one I got from GM isnt pictured. I got it when I thought I had a slave issue. It was after I did my LS7 clutch install, and before I ran the car. The pedal felt weird and it wasnt letting me into gear. So JUST IN CASE I ordered a new slave from GM. Turns out everything was fine, so the GM unit is on the shelf waiting for a need. I might even sell it. Ill se how things react to the new Tick master cylinder.

J.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first bought my t/o bearing from autozone, the ordered the wrong one. or so I thought. There are actually two bearings that the dealer calls out (sorry no part numbers) One bearing measures 46mm high and the other measures 36.5 mm high and it looks very diff. It comes with the plastic housing, where the 46 mm high (the correct one on my car) only has the bearing, and only is available through gm. Atleast in this case.

Quick Reply: anyone tried Autozone slave or master cyls?