Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission Carnage (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ

What happened to your torque arm mount? Someone mentioned something about it being broken or something? That BMR transmission crossmember mounted one looks like a mint piece of hardware. I was checking out the one that Joe bought.
Whether going from Reverse, or leaving in 1st, there is a clunk when I let the clutch out and give throttle, something is loose but I want to throw it on the lift. Given the weight of the car that Trans mount is def a solid peice and if the current stock set up is stressing the mount, then its a viable alternative if persay I got a stock OEM GM trans mount, but Poly will go in there regardless.

The only on thing it could be is motor mounts but I think I should hear a bang.

Thats why its gotta get down to the shop for a visual, it started the day I showed you the hood and then it snowed the next day So i decided to wait till next year.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, if it's making a loud bang then it shouldn't be too hard to track down. I'd check the transmission mount before the torque arm mount.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Yeah, if it's making a loud bang then it shouldn't be too hard to track down. I'd check the transmission mount before the torque arm mount.
Yea, I think I miss spoke. I did have the TQ arm clam shell let the bolt out and it banged against the trans tunnel, deff a different sound and feel, i ment trans cross member mount.

Quick Reply: Transmission Carnage (pics inside)