Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

textralia owners chime in

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MMC1
well....you need to hear more.

mine self destructed in less than a year on daily driving; and i didn't abuse it at all.

check around and you're going to find a lot of people have had miserable luck with the 0Z 700.

mine was professionally installed and broken in properly. the chatter was unbearable. i was embarrassed to put anyone in the car with me.

save yourself the $$.

my .02
Well obviously you did your research with this clutch and your word that it was installed correctly and "broken in" properly is very reliable...considering it states directly from the manufacturer on just about every piece of paper and advertisement related to the clutch that there is no break-in period. And I don't know where you're getting this info from that a lot of people are having all kinds of issues with them. Every clutch company will get a few bad reviews (many of the problems end up not being the company's/clutch's fault in the first place), but the VAST majority of Tex owners I've read reviews from or talked to rave about this clutch, especially those who track their cars.

My OZ700 Z-grip has awesome driveability and performs extremely well at the track with about 9,000 miles on it so far and multiple track rentals/beatings (5000 RPM launches on 26x10.5x16 ET Streets). The pedal feel is the only aftermarket clutch I've ever driven for these cars that actually has the same weight as a stock LS1 clutch, only with a more positive feel.

Slipping from a stop is no issue, although the X-grip is supposedly even more street friendly than the Z-grip I have, according to Textralia and their suppliers. If this is true, that's impressive because the Z-grip is already kickass for a daily driven clutch with the clamping power it has. I had a little bit of chatter from a stop when I first installed the clutch, but it was gone by about the 50 mile mark. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 03-17-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a X-Grip in my car, and it's my daily driver. It chattered alittle for the first 200-300 miles. Now it's as quiet as stock. The pedal feel is a just a touch harder than the stocker. As for being streetable, I can get the car moving without giving it any gas at all. The best clutch IMHO.

Quick Reply: textralia owners chime in