Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
View Poll Results: What clutch for my turbo build?
Spec Stage 3
23.16%
Monster Level 3
66.32%
Other: Please specify
10.53%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Can't decide, Spec Stage 3 or Monster Level 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to provide the correct info to those interested in what is provided with our clutch kits. All of our LS1 clutch kits include our built High-Clamp Pressure-plate, Clutch disc, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing and alignment tool. We do not manufacture our own slave for these cars though we have supplied OE replacements in the past as requested. Our warranty is 120-days from the date of purchase and it cover manufacturing and materials. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
I just wanted to provide the correct info to those interested in what is provided with our clutch kits. All of our LS1 clutch kits include our built High-Clamp Pressure-plate, Clutch disc, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing and alignment tool. We do not manufacture our own slave for these cars though we have supplied OE replacements in the past as requested. Our warranty is 120-days from the date of purchase and it cover manufacturing and materials. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Sorry about that, I missed the release bearing, thanks for clarifying that.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up monster

I have the stage 3 monster and I love it. I have about 550miles on it now and its freaking awsome great pedal feel and grabs fkn hard!!!!
I would buy onne again in a heartbeat just with my personal exp. so far, and i dd my car no chatter since day one and i live in a small town with lots of traffic. I cant wait till I can take my car to the track and see what a difference it makes
Old 03-21-2009, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fsttruckin
I have the stage 3 monster and I love it. I have about 550miles on it now and its freaking awsome great pedal feel and grabs fkn hard!!!!
I would buy onne again in a heartbeat just with my personal exp. so far, and i dd my car no chatter since day one and i live in a small town with lots of traffic. I cant wait till I can take my car to the track and see what a difference it makes
Now im excited for my new clutch! So far i have heard nothing bad about monster!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WSsixed
Now im excited for my new clutch! So far i have heard nothing bad about monster!

Exactly. I would think one day that someone will have a problem, but so far their reputation is impeccable, and you got to love that. We can only hope that this company stays true (no reason to think otherwise) to what they have done so far:
Offer a great product, at a great price, with a great warranty and with great customer service!
I have teh Level VI by teh way, not installed yet, car under construction
Old 03-23-2009, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fsttruckin
Thanks a ton for the feedback!

Originally Posted by WSsixed
Thanks man, but please make no mistake, we are human and issues do come up... it's how we deal with these problems and our customer service that makes us stand out.

Originally Posted by Gen414
Exactly. I would think one day that someone will have a problem, but so far their reputation is impeccable, and you got to love that. We can only hope that this company stays true (no reason to think otherwise) to what they have done so far:
Offer a great product, at a great price, with a great warranty and with great customer service!
I have teh Level VI by teh way, not installed yet, car under construction
Thanks again man!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance

Thanks again man!

You bet Steve! Car is coming together nicely. Motor plate is mounted and new tranny mount/crossmember as well. Motor is basically done. I have to finish up my headers, then get them coated (I could dyno the motor without having teh headers coated, and may) @ halfway done with the 25.5 cage install, install interior, run fuel system, and wire it up. 2 more months is a pretty good time frame, and I think the car should be done. I am gonna wait to paint it after I get the car running however, but I am gonna paint the engine compartment before I put the motor in though.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:56 AM
FormerVendor

You bet Steve! Car is coming together nicely. Motor plate is mounted and new tranny mount/crossmember as well. Motor is basically done. I have to finish up my headers, then get them coated (I could dyno the motor without having teh headers coated, and may) @ halfway done with the 25.5 cage install, install interior, run fuel system, and wire it up. 2 more months is a pretty good time frame, and I think the car should be done. I am gonna wait to paint it after I get the car running however, but I am gonna paint the engine compartment before I put the motor in though.
Awesome man!

(sorry for the thread hi-jack)
Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Awesome man!

(sorry for the thread hi-jack)

yeah, I get a little long winded sometimes, sorry
Old 03-24-2009, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Monster hands down. Im not a big fan of specs.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
FormerVendor

yeah, I get a little long winded sometimes, sorry
No problem man. LOL!

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Monster hands down. Im not a big fan of specs.
Thanks man!
Old 03-28-2009, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

i just installed my monster lvl 3 today and it grabs crazy takes some getting use to. It doesnt chatter much at all right now so hopefully after break in its completely gone and i become use to driving it so far so good...
Old 03-28-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

meh ive got a SPEC stage 2 and ive had no issues. Just doesn't like idle clutching which im pretty sure any aggressive clutch wouldnt
Old 03-29-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Spec stage 2 here and over 10,000 miles on it and it feels like new.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

i have a ls7 in my car now had it for 15k, cam only set up with nitrous 3675 race weight (might need a cage soon so add more weight). n/a i do a 5k dump, and i gotta work out the nitrous launch a bit more but i do a ton of city driving, but go to the track and race often. im gonna try and run in a class and was looking in to getting a 2 step.
how would the monster stage 3 work on mine?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02ArcticZ
i just installed my monster lvl 3 today and it grabs crazy takes some getting use to. It doesnt chatter much at all right now so hopefully after break in its completely gone and i become use to driving it so far so good...
It'll clear up as you break it in, don't worry.

Originally Posted by bad6as
i have a ls7 in my car now had it for 15k, cam only set up with nitrous 3675 race weight (might need a cage soon so add more weight). n/a i do a 5k dump, and i gotta work out the nitrous launch a bit more but i do a ton of city driving, but go to the track and race often. im gonna try and run in a class and was looking in to getting a 2 step.
how would the monster stage 3 work on mine?
It would work great, shoot me a pm, email, or give me a call and we'll go over your options!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

I never had a Spec personally, but there's lots of stories around here. Just search. I love my Monster III so far, still not broken in, chatter has gotten alot better after 200 mi. I'm running new, but stock hydraulics, no drill mod needed.

Can't say anything bad about their CS either.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by joblo1978
I never had a Spec personally, but there's lots of stories around here. Just search. I love my Monster III so far, still not broken in, chatter has gotten alot better after 200 mi. I'm running new, but stock hydraulics, no drill mod needed.

Can't say anything bad about their CS either.
Thanks man!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Spec 3+ died after 4K miles 1K of which was break in mileage (while I was breaking in the new motor) Textralia ExoSkel all the way.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really really love this Monster level 3 iI have, Im just about in the tens, probably would be if I didnt blow up my 12 bolt... As they say it will find the weakest link.... It did! I 60'd several 1.55's back to back hot lapping, and a 1.54, 1.58. I'd say its a pretty good clutch!!! My Ram powergrip HD lasted like 3 runs....

Quick Reply: Can't decide, Spec Stage 3 or Monster Level 3