Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

monster Clutch disc install??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default monster Clutch disc install??

I just want to make sure that i install this correctly. Its a monster stage 3, and i'm wondering which side goes to the fly and which to the trans? The side where the springs are more visible to the eye (no black covering) Goes to the flywheel side , and the side with the Black covering over the springs goes to the trans side. Is this correct?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
I just want to make sure that i install this correctly. Its a monster stage 3, and i'm wondering which side goes to the fly and which to the trans? The side where the springs are more visible to the eye (no black covering) Goes to the flywheel side , and the side with the Black covering over the springs goes to the trans side. Is this correct?

Sounds correct, but can you post a pic of a side, and i can tell you for sure if it is.

I logged on to Monster to see the pic of teh disc, and how you are describing it, is right. Good to go.

Last edited by Gen414; 04-04-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the side with the raised "hub" goes towards the tranny
Old 04-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Launching!

It will only go one way. Try both and you will see. The black part with the springs inside goes toward the trans. If you put this to the inside, the springs will hit the bolt heads. I learned this today also. We are installing the Monster Stage 3 right now also. We must just be a little ahead of you.

We are trying to get to the master cylinder and figure out how to install the new braided line. Slave cylinder was fun too.