Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t56 hydraulic issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t56 hydraulic issue

started off with my slave going out, i took the car to a shop they replaced the slave......still bad, replaced the master...still bad, my friend bleed the system using a mityvac and had it working ok, well when in gear it feels like the clutch is partially engaged until it reaches a certain amount of pressure then releases. I bled and bled...... replaced the master and bled and bled... has anyone ever had or heard of a situation like this?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

was anything else replaced when you thought the slave went out? like clutch? etc
Old 04-12-2009, 09:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Scott02WS6
started off with my slave going out, i took the car to a shop they replaced the slave......still bad, replaced the master...still bad, my friend bleed the system using a mityvac and had it working ok, well when in gear it feels like the clutch is partially engaged until it reaches a certain amount of pressure then releases. I bled and bled...... replaced the master and bled and bled... has anyone ever had or heard of a situation like this?

OK, you say started out with "slave going out".....How do you know that?

What you are saying is IN GEAR, feels like clutch is partially engaged, then releases? Do you mean, it slips more? Or slips less?

When did this start? Did you have clutch put in, and THEN it started?

Or, is the clutch old? When did all of this start up, how many miles on teh clutch, power you are making, and WHAT clutch do you have?