Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

MGW Shifter - No Limit Stops

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't figure out why people are doggin this guy out so bad. I read his post and it sounds like he was posting with good intentions to help people out. I think anything posted on the net should be taken with a grain of salt and researched thoroughly before making a decision weather to buy a product or not but, don't dog out guys for trying to help. IMO
Old 05-05-2009, 06:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
I can't figure out why people are doggin this guy out so bad. I read his post and it sounds like he was posting with good intentions to help people out. I think anything posted on the net should be taken with a grain of salt and researched thoroughly before making a decision weather to buy a product or not but, don't dog out guys for trying to help. IMO
I had good intentions with the thread and still do.

However, this forum is littered with cam only idiots that think their experts because of their post count...because we all know that more posts means you know ALL.

Originally Posted by bballr4567
BTW, MGW highly suggests that you do not use the stops on their Mustang T56 shifter. Just FYI.
Oh wow, this makes sense.... now you're telling me that they DO make a T56 shifter WITH stops but they don't recommend using them...... great....

Now it's quite obvious that MGW needs some help.

Did you call them up and ask them about the stops? If so, I'm betting that they told you what you wanted to hear because they've been caught with their pants down and only want to fend off the mass phone calls from the F Body guys about their shifter design...and of course, they want to keep selling shifters.... and just out of curiousity, is MGW even a sponsor on this site?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bottom line is an *** like this deserves no help.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by calhoon
Bottom line is an *** like this deserves no help.

I didn't come in here needing help.

I simply started an informative thread about a shifter design... and I'm being flammed by the losers of ls1tech who can't seem to wrap their little brains around the concept of a shifter with stops....
Old 05-05-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok then, your just an *** .
Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ATLSS
Oh wow, this makes sense.... now you're telling me that they DO make a T56 shifter WITH stops but they don't recommend using them...... great....

Now it's quite obvious that MGW needs some help.

Did you call them up and ask them about the stops? If so, I'm betting that they told you what you wanted to hear because they've been caught with their pants down and only want to fend off the mass phone calls from the F Body guys about their shifter design...and of course, they want to keep selling shifters.... and just out of curiousity, is MGW even a sponsor on this site?
Id think that the Cobra guys saying that MGW highly recommends to NOT use the stops and me personally confirming it with a phone call is enough of an answer. I didnt inform myself as a Fbody driver so they had no reason to lie to me.

Im sorry that we dont agree with your thinking and Im just relaying FACTS about the situation.

As for a sponsor, who gives?? If every company that makes a part has to become a sponsor on this site then it would be a pitiful amount of information on parts.

I didn't come in here needing help.

I simply started an informative thread about a shifter design... and I'm being flammed by the losers of ls1tech who can't seem to wrap their little brains around the concept of a shifter with stops....
Yup, just an ***.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Id think that the Cobra guys saying that MGW highly recommends to NOT use the stops and me personally confirming it with a phone call is enough of an answer. I didnt inform myself as a Fbody driver so they had no reason to lie to me.

Im sorry that we dont agree with your thinking and Im just relaying FACTS about the situation.

As for a sponsor, who gives?? If every company that makes a part has to become a sponsor on this site then it would be a pitiful amount of information on parts.

Yup, just an ***.

Ok, so you've made a phone call to confirm that MGW provides stops but they recommend not using them...

And I made a phone call to Tremec and they said to use the stops.

And as stupid as I think it is for a manufacturer to make a shifter WITH stops and say don't use them, we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

And as far as name calling goes, I've never resorted to that with you as we have remained cordial... so you've basically just proven my point...

As stated before, I started this thread as information only and to take it for what it's worth...

But, I can always leave it up to the tech losers to run that mouth...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

and I'm being flammed by the losers of ls1tech who can't seem to wrap their little brains around the concept of a shifter with stops....
Post #1

Ok, so you've made a phone call to confirm that MGW provides stops but they recommend not using them...

And I made a phone call to Tremec and they said to use the stops.

And as stupid as I think it is for a manufacturer to make a shifter WITH stops and say don't use them, we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

And as far as name calling goes, I've never resorted to that with you as we have remained cordial... so you've basically just proven my point...

As stated before, I started this thread as information only and to take it for what it's worth...

But, I can always leave it up to the tech losers to run that mouth...
Post #2. Pot meet kettle.

As far as Tremec, its funny that NONE of their stock units in cars come with shifters that have stops. Not even a TR6060 has a shifter that has stops in it.

We combatted your information with more information. You then got upset.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Post #1

Post #2. Pot meet kettle.

As far as Tremec, its funny that NONE of their stock units in cars come with shifters that have stops. Not even a TR6060 has a shifter that has stops in it.

We combatted your information with more information. You then got upset.
I ain't upset.

You didn't combat anything. You proved that MGW is a bunch of idiots - they built a shifter WITH stops for a T56, then said don't use the stops...

Again, I created this thread for information only... you're pissing in this thread because you didn't do all your research up front... your loss.

Go **** in someone elses thread.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by calhoon
I'm sorry that there is a BS flag on the notion there is one engineer designing & building T56s. Also the notion that that guy had time to speak to you. I don't doubt some one told you that but it was no Tremec engineer and also no one that knew much about T56s.
i called tremic and talked to a engineer that designed the tr6060. that is why i bought it. his name was jeff chytil.

it is possible he talked to the guy or one of the guys that did design and built it.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Banned

also this is a picture of the mgw shifter about 2 months before it was released (i know george. lol) and you can see there is no stops on it. ok so if mgw says "dont use them" (which there is none to use) but pro 5.0, and husrt, and b&m have shift stops. then who messed up. 1 says dont. 3 came with them and D&D (a ls1tech sponsor ---->) says to use them. now what do we do? oh ****
Attached Thumbnails MGW Shifter - No Limit Stops-100_0434.jpg  
Old 05-05-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Big Bird - If you'll look on page 2, I post up pictures of a MGW shifter WITH stops for a T56.... so I'm thinking that they installed stops for a reason...

The message I get from everyone I've talked to is that stops are not a bad idea....

But, I get my *** flamed by the degenerates of ls1tech for stating the obvious... oh well.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Banned

BTW, MGW highly suggests that you do not use the stops on their Mustang T56 shifter. Just FYI.
have you called them on that. when i bought and instaled 5 last winter they said set the stops. so what do we do now. you say dont. but george( the owner) says to set them.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
LOL, so you can set the throw distance to your own personal preference you genius. that is a stupid answer. you make fun of him by being sarcastic about the genius. but mister genius lets think about his. so lets say i want my stop to be 1/4" shorter then yours. well i cant go that cuase then the gears wont fully mesh. wth. good call

Before you start tryin to call others out with more experience on these cars than yourself you need some better arguements than you have. There are alot of guys on here running the MGW as well as the Pro 5.0 shifter both without issues. Show me one person who broke their tranny running a MGW. his name is nick. he is running a svt cobra. and there is a chris fomr down south of me.

As far as your other dumb comment about the architects, yes that sometimes is the facts. I'm am a engineer/designer & I deal with engineers from other companies on a daily basis that have no damn clue how the product they are buying actually operates in the field. All they know is that it needs to meet their data sheet specs for certain capacities. They have no clue about the nozzles required for their pressure vessels to operate properly once piping is ran to them & alot of times you have to get more than one person on the phone or arrange a meeting with them in person to get the damn point across.

You need to stop while your ahead cause your just making yourself sound even more unknowledgable about what your attempting to speak about. You wanna spread false info about a part & back it up with a BS story about directly talkin to the tranny designer about this particular shifter go do it on another board full of people dumb enough to buy your load of **** man. Those of us on here smart enough to know better will call you out.is this a tech forum cant the guy spread tech knowlegde? if he did call tremic(which i believe he did, cuase i did) then he has the tech info and not you. idc that you are some genius. idc about your degree background. the point of this whole thread was this guy saying that MGW shifter has no shift stops and he bought a husrt. then you bit his ***. grow up. let the man spread is tech knowledge.
look up in bold^^^^^
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

LOL, I'm done in here. Between the noob & OP this thread just turned into the special olympics. You boys go listen to who you want, think what you want & buy what you want.

I'll stick to how I have always done things on my side by listening to people who actually own these cars & turn wrenches on them. Not some paper pusher behind a desk thats never worked on one. Lots of things sound good from behind a desk & on paper but the true anwsers come out in the wrench turning & performance after install.

LOL, with the cam only comments. Now thats some funny ****. there is a reason I'm still up & running almost 3yrs after my h/c install (which I did my self in a buddies garage) without having to do anything more than plugs & oil change. So apparently I know WTF I'm doin son.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Banned

LOL, I'm done in here. Between the noob & OP this thread just turned into the special olympics. You boys go listen to who you want, think what you want & buy what you want.

I'll stick to how I have always done things on my side by listening to people who actually own these cars & turn wrenches on them. Not some paper pusher behind a desk thats never worked on one. Lots of things sound good from behind a desk & on paper but the true anwsers come out in the wrench turning & performance after install.

LOL, with the cam only comments. Now thats some funny ****. there is a reason I'm still up & running almost 3yrs after my h/c install (which I did my self in a buddies garage) without having to do anything more than plugs & oil change. So apparently I know WTF I'm doin son.
i am not a noob. i been here longer then you. and you go do your head and cam in your butt buddies garage. and i will keep doing my head/cam and turbos and superchargers in my shop.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
i am not a noob. i been here longer then you. and you go do your head and cam in your butt buddies garage. and i will keep doing my head/cam and turbos and superchargers in my shop.
LOL, oh so now your better than me just b/c of turbos & superchargers? LOL, what a joke man. Yea, I'm real jealous I didn't drop an extra 10k for a properly built boosted set-up on my daily driver that sees 300+ miles a week in all weather conditions. Sorry I built my car for my purpose, a fun daily driver that can still get around in all weather conditions. Come on man, that was the most retarded ******* thing you have said yet.

So now people need a shop & boosted set-up to be cool? What a ****** joke you are.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Banned

LOL, oh so now your better than me just b/c of turbos & superchargers? LOL, what a joke man. Yea, I'm real jealous I didn't drop an extra 10k for a properly built boosted set-up on my daily driver that sees 300+ miles a week in all weather conditions. Sorry I built my car for my purpose, a fun daily driver that can still get around in all weather conditions. Come on man, that was the most retarded ******* thing you have said yet.

So now people need a shop & boosted set-up to be cool? What a ****** joke you are.
no i was stating that i aint a noob. that i have experence and that was it. well you built your car for all weather conditions. send me a video in the snow.

i am building my car for my needs 1000 horse dyno king. and a street car. to each there own. just stating i been around the block for a few years.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
send me a video in the snow.
LOL, i haven't cared enough to make a snow video for any reason. Never had a reason to. It's not like it's difficult to drive these cars in bad weather as long as the driver actually knows whats up & your not on bald tires.

The people that know me know I drive it year round as it's my only car. I have no option of parking it under a cover for the winter. If I can get outta my driveway I can get where ever I need to go.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

well it is good you can get around in Oklahoma snow. up here in iow we have real snow. your right you can get around in snow as long as the tires are good. good job on giving your tech information that YOU found out. WAIT, ****, we cant do that in here. remember the OP. yeah didnt he give out info that he found out. **** mike. you out of luck.

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter - No Limit Stops