Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

car isn't going into gear....

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car isn't going into gear....

I've done a few searches and can't really find anything that is similar to mine in the instance that when i put my new clutch in measured and everything came out OK it was difficult to get into gear but not that bad i called the guy that rebuilt my transmission and he said that i need to make it shift like butter otherwise my forks and pads are going to go bad quickly so i read up and bought a tick adjustable master this fixed my problem for about a month ~700 miles then it slowly started doing the same thing now it will not go into a gear from a stop and is difficult while rolling. i talked to a local speed shop and they said that if it worked once then it should always work and suggested that i bleed the system so i did same problem.

I'm thinking 1 of 2 things the slave is bad (even though its got less than a 1000 miles on it) or my pressure plate fingers have been bent any ideas on things i can do to check without dropping the transmission again
Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Banned

Can you shift into all the gears when the engine is stopped? If so, you have hydraulic issues. And since you have a fairly new Tick master, I would say it is your slave.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

This is a guess, but I thnk a pretty good one:

If it was not working, and then you changed teh MC, and it worked fine for a awhile, and then not again, you have a hydraulic issue. Probaly slave. here is how I see it.

You got everything back together, no dice (might not have bled it completely). You changed MC. Had to bleed system, worked good.(cuz you bled it properly) but over time, cuz your slave is bad or even leaking, problem pop's back up.

1 vote for hydraulic issue
Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

it does have a new GM slave cylinder. the car has been mighty vac'd all three times.

yes i can shift into all gears just fine with the motor not running.

also i have shifter movement when in all gears i'd say 1/4 - 1/2 inch of movment do i need to have my transmission guy have another go at it like i said this only has <1000 miles on it.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by waiting2bl33d
it does have a new GM slave cylinder. the car has been mighty vac'd all three times.

yes i can shift into all gears just fine with the motor not running.

also i have shifter movement when in all gears i'd say 1/4 - 1/2 inch of movment do i need to have my transmission guy have another go at it like i said this only has <1000 miles on it.
If you have a warranty (and you should with such few miles, unles alot of time has passed) let him deal with it. If you start jackig with things, can't figure it out, and THEN take it to him, he may tell you to get bent since you jacked with it. Still think it is hydraulic, but have him go at it....

Quick Reply: car isn't going into gear....