Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

sticky clutch after hydrolics have been replaced???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticky clutch after hydrolics have been replaced???

Well i just had a Spec 3+ clutch rebuilt and installed. I also swapped out my master cylinder and did the drill mod while i was in there. The previous clutch MC was sticking bad(which turned out to be an after market MC) so i replaced it with some MC from oriely's. Well i've got almost 600 mimles on the clutch so i decided to get on it to see how the clutch felt, well it seemed like the clutch wasn't letting out fast enough. So i got to a red light on the outskirts of town with no one around and decided to dump it and see what would happen. So i tried dumping and it slipped some but then grabbed and started burning out, so i grabbed 2nd hard and the clutch stuck halfway out and jsut burned the **** outta my clutch. Also, i replaced the Slave cylinder awhile back and its prolly only got about 6k miles on it. Only thing i can think of is the master i got is a POS and can't handle the clutch. IDK, but its really frustrating. What ya'll think? Oh something else, when i had the other MC the clutch was alittle harder to push on, now(with the new orielys MC) its really easy. Hell its the easiest clutch to push down in a f-body that i've felt so far. Post up. Anything will help! Anyone got any suggestions on a MC???

Devin
Old 05-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

also, Where could i get my other Master cylinder rebuilt? From looking around it looks just like the McLeod Master Cylinder.

Devin
Old 05-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

anything?

Devin
Old 05-10-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

dont get the master cylinder rebuilt, get the adjustable master cylinder from tick performance, kind of pricey but worth it http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...dy/hydraulics/
Old 05-13-2009, 05:30 AM
Teching In

The same thing happened to me when I dumped the clutch on my Trans Am. I never really do it and yesterday I was just frustrated with traffic and got on it but I got on it good.

I dumped it and the pedal also came out half way..I had to pull it back with my foot..and then I couldn't shift into second

why does it do that? !
Old 05-13-2009, 08:03 AM
FormerVendor

A pedal that sticks evidences a hydraulic issue. It is potentially your master, though it could be your slave as well...or it could just be that you still have air in the system. Air discplaces fluid and can lead to a pedal that is softer than usual and that stick. I suggest bleeding, excessively, and then moving from there. Check the fluid in the reservior as well. Make sure it is clear and clean. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
A pedal that sticks evidences a hydraulic issue. It is potentially your master, though it could be your slave as well...or it could just be that you still have air in the system. Air discplaces fluid and can lead to a pedal that is softer than usual and that stick. I suggest bleeding, excessively, and then moving from there. Check the fluid in the reservior as well. Make sure it is clear and clean. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Yeah I have noticed the fluid is pretty dark, I've only had the car for a couple of months. I'm going to try and flush it out tonight..should I run Dot 4 instead of Dot 3 that's recommended?

Thank you for the reply