Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

aftermarket clutches

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default aftermarket clutches

ok. I just put an ls6 clutch in my 00 t/a a few months back. It has around 5 and a half thousand miles on it. ITS ALREADY SLIPPING. I was going to go with an aftermarket clutch. One that was made to hold a rediculous amount of power, but i was told that it was a bad idea because in lsx's the flywheel is balanced to the crank and anything other that a gm clutch will chatter and slip, and hold and grab like crap. Well this ls6 is not holding the power i'm making or the abuse its given, and the cars not even cammed yet. It slips on launches and its very inconsistent on shifting. Sometimes when you grab a gear the clutch will grab real hard, sometimes it feels like its just sliding into gear. I just wanna know if what i was told about aftermarket clutches is really true.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by prjctSILVERKNIGHTy2k
ok. I just put an ls6 clutch in my 00 t/a a few months back. It has around 5 and a half thousand miles on it. ITS ALREADY SLIPPING. I was going to go with an aftermarket clutch. One that was made to hold a rediculous amount of power, but i was told that it was a bad idea because in lsx's the flywheel is balanced to the crank and anything other that a gm clutch will chatter and slip, and hold and grab like crap. Well this ls6 is not holding the power i'm making or the abuse its given, and the cars not even cammed yet. It slips on launches and its very inconsistent on shifting. Sometimes when you grab a gear the clutch will grab real hard, sometimes it feels like its just sliding into gear. I just wanna know if what i was told about aftermarket clutches is really true.

Thanks,
Rich
Well, basically you were fed a bunch of "un-true's". I am a dealer for Monster Clutches (you can check out our sale pricing in my link below) and carry everything from Mild to Wild! From sounds of it, your car is stock, correct? You can check out the Monster Level I and II. The Level I is good for 425 HP/TQ @ tires, and teh Level II is good for 525 HP/TQ @ tires. Both are of the "streetable" type, in that they were designed for teh street, but not alot of track abuse. But, do not fret, we have those also! You can step up to teh Level III which is good for 700 HP/TQ, and overkill for you, but is both a streetable clutch and can handle some abuse at the track. Then it goes up from there, the IV, V, VI and more! Any questions, or more details on what you plan on doing, and I can get you the right setup! The sale runs until the end of July.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gen414
Well, basically you were fed a bunch of "un-true's". I am a dealer for Monster Clutches (you can check out our sale pricing in my link below) and carry everything from Mild to Wild! From sounds of it, your car is stock, correct? You can check out the Monster Level I and II. The Level I is good for 425 HP/TQ @ tires, and teh Level II is good for 525 HP/TQ @ tires. Both are of the "streetable" type, in that they were designed for teh street, but not alot of track abuse. But, do not fret, we have those also! You can step up to teh Level III which is good for 700 HP/TQ, and overkill for you, but is both a streetable clutch and can handle some abuse at the track. Then it goes up from there, the IV, V, VI and more! Any questions, or more details on what you plan on doing, and I can get you the right setup! The sale runs until the end of July.
yes i am pretty much stock. right now i just have volant cold air, ls6 intake, ported tb, descreened maf, hollow cats, lm1, and the heads are lightly ported. I have a pretty agressive cam and some strong springs that will be going in as soon as i have the time and the money. Plus the car is desperate for a tune. As for what the clutch will have to take, the car is pretty much daily driven, but it does see the strips plenty. As for my daily driving, i'm one of the guys that hears one of two things very often. Either "nice car" or "*** HOLE". So i need something thats going to withstand plenty of abuse.

Quick Reply: aftermarket clutches