Slave or The Master

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009 | 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave or The Master

Having some Hydro issues...

Symptoms

During a Hard WOT run 1st gear and 2nd gear are fine, goto shift to 3rd and clutch pedal becomes rock solid and pretty much locks me out of third.

After the run if i pump the clutch it becomes softer, but then when i drive around normally the clutch feels super light... like stock honda light.

At idle or with the car off if i pump the clutch pedal after about 3-4 pumps it feels like it should.

Clutch Fluid turns black very quickly.... changed it out, and the next day it was black again. Which leads me to believe its either the slave or master.

Thoughts?

Slave is an updated 01-02 unit with about 40,000 miles on it.
Master is the same, but made adjustable.
Clutch is an LS7 unit with abount 20,000 miles on it

Clutch doesnt seem to drag, as the drag test was performed with no movement.
Old 07-14-2009 | 07:31 AM
9 Second Club

Uh, you've covered most all bases that I would have suggested. The only variable that puzzles me is the fluid going black over night. This leads me to believe the Master is gone or somehow sucking in dirt from somewhere. At this point I'm going with the Master but maybe some experts will chime in. GL and let us know what fixes it.
Old 07-17-2009 | 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump my brothers ws6 is having the same problem
Old 07-17-2009 | 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your clutch pedal sticking half way up? And your saying the clutch becomes "rock solid"? Like it comes all the way up but you can't push the pedal down?
Old 07-17-2009 | 08:36 PM
On The Tree

correct.

Driving around normally everything works alright... once i beat on it in the slightest amount the pedal returns back up.. doesnt stick down... but becomes rock solid! Then i have to leg press it down.. pump it a few times.. and it works fine again for driving around normally.
Old 07-23-2009 | 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Its looking like the slave is the culprit! Installed my new Tick Master today.. bleed it via gravity and mity vac.. hooked it up... clutch wouldnt dissengage on the lowest setting... soooo i adjusted it out.. and out ... and out... and nada until the clutch was a decent amount past the brake pedal...

hooked the mity vac up again.. and got air bubbles every time i released the clutch pedal... not just tiny ones... BIG ones. So i kept on doing pushing the pedal down and letting it back for a solid 5 minutes and the air bubbles didnt stop coming so i figured theres no possible way there could be that much air in there. Unhooked the line from the slave mity vac'd just the master and line... no bubbles.

So im guessing theres a leak somewhere in the slave allowing air to enter and thats probably why the fluid turned black so quickly aswell!

I guess it time to pull the tranny and try this other slave i have kicking around, then if that doesnt work...buy a new one.

Is there anyway to test the slave out before i pull the tranny?