Shuddering when letting clutch out...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...must-read.html

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Cool, any time that there is an issue with one of our units we will provide an RMA and thus allowthe user to send the unit in to us for assessment. You seem convinced that this is a clutch issue but have you ever sent the unit in question back to us for assessment. Have you ever compared the stack height of your unit to the expected height for our LS1 assemblies? Have you ever called me directly to discuss your issues? Again, I am happy to assist you but at this point it is clear that you have to be willing to help me help you and that doesn't really seem like something your interested in. If you ever are let me know.

Bat, I think you would be a great candidate for our stage 1. This unit uses an upgraded organic disc material and one of our built pressure-plates. This allows the kit to provide a higher torque capacity and maintains great street manners. Let me know if you are interested and I will be happy to assist you. My number and email are listed below. Thanks,
To be clear, I've been dealing with a couple (two) spec products lately, i think that was in the other post you mentioned. I got the McLeod setup for one car and still waiting on spec to do the right thing for the other car. I wanted a car that works, if I relied on spec "standard answer customer service program" I would not have either car in the near future. I understand spec must troubleshoot based on "standard" problems for an improper functioning setup, but it seems that is mostly what spec focuses on, in my experience the clutch is rarely or never to blame, its mostly hydraulics or installation error where the blame is placed.

I wasn't very impressed with your RMA program either, make the customer pay to ship it back and tell them "thats just how it works"..........professionalism??? spec said they do take care of the shipping back so i guess that is kinda stand-up to do

Last edited by A_Cool_Name; 08-31-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:54 PM
FormerVendor

Cool, I am beginning to reach the end of the rope in regards to your issue. If you have a problem then do what I have already asked a multitude of times in both of your posts; allow me to assist you, or since you seem to have spoken to someone else here do as they suggested and send the part in to us (if you have an RMA#).

At this point it is clear that you feel that your issue is clutch related...if it is, and the parts are within warranty then send it to me and we will assess it and proceed as needed. If it isn't at least then you will know one way or the other. At this point it doesn't appear as though you really want help...and no matter what the cause of your problem you won't likely beleive our findings anyway. The ball is in your court. Give me a call or don't...it's up to you.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Read:

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Cool, I am beginning to reach the end of the rope in regards to your issue. If you have a problem then do what I have already asked a multitude of times in both of your posts; allow me to assist you, or since you seem to have spoken to someone else here do as they suggested and send the part in to us (if you have an RMA#).

At this point it is clear that you feel that your issue is clutch related...if it is, and the parts are within warranty then send it to me and we will assess it and proceed as needed. If it isn't at least then you will know one way or the other. At this point it doesn't appear as though you really want help...and no matter what the cause of your problem you won't likely beleive our findings anyway. The ball is in your court. Give me a call or don't...it's up to you.
not in my court spec already has one of the clutch assemblies.......

Last edited by A_Cool_Name; 08-31-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:08 PM
FormerVendor

Under what name? If we are already assessing it why did you feel the need to make posts that would lead others to beleive or at least assume the opposite? Deception? Why...it wouldn't help things for you. This whole thing makes no sense. New account (low post count)...posting negativity although we have already issued an RMA and you don't have the outcome of our assessment...this all seems fishy and I am sure other will agree.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Read:

my posts are a direct result of the customer service i received from spec. reason.......inform potential buyers what they can expect from spec customer service, or at least what I've experienced. what i post shouldn't hurt me if spec is devoted to customer service. why would i give a name after you say that spec won't due right by me if they had my name (or at least said it would hurt me)?

Last edited by A_Cool_Name; 08-31-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

No, I never said it would hurt you to provide this info. I simply said that deception wouldn't help you situation...I.E. I can't provide status of our assessment or actually put my hands on it to look things over myself. Just be up front with me about it and I will take a look at and let you and other know what we find. I have no intent or plan to deceive you...though I am not sure of the same can be said for you.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Read:

i've been saying i wasn't happy with spec customer service, i figured that would imply i had talked to spec. and i mentioned i wasn't happy with the RMA process , maybe i wasn't clear on that

Last edited by A_Cool_Name; 08-31-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:53 PM
FormerVendor

In other words you just wanted to bash us...without providing details of your issue or answering any of the questions that were asked by someone trying to assist you. As long as its clear to everyone else...go with what works for you I guess. I am still happy to check the progress on this and update you and others watching this thread, if you would like to PM me your name. Otherwise I wish you the best...
Old 07-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Read:

this is from another post in the forum

"I had all new hydraulics.......... new stage 3 and new billet Al flywheel both spec, and my disengagement and disengagement was too far down the pedal. I then tried a ram adjustable master cylinder........that put the engagement and disengagement where it needed to be only worked for normal driving, now I'm trying the tick master to see if it changes anything. had another spec before the 3 and it worked great, bang 2nd, 3rd, and 4th all day.........after the 3 it won't disengage to hit the gears. Crap part is you destroy your transmission in the process of trouble shooting.........I'll have replaced all the parts (except new clutch) several times and rebuild the trans. and the crap still won't shift........."

how i describe spec customer service.......does this sound accurate? i've tried to keep away from singling anyone out or base-less bashing............i've had problems with a product and this has been my experience with the resolution of said problems.

Last edited by A_Cool_Name; 08-31-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:32 PM
FormerVendor

I am sure that we offered to provide an RMA# to this customer as well. I have never said that it is impossible for your issue to be clutch related...as anything is possible. Even in this thread, where I have explained the rational behind basic trouble shooting and our subsequent suggestions, I haven't ever said that "it's impossible for it to be the clutch".

I am simply trying to assist you to the best of my ability and it is becoming more and more apparent that you simply aren't interested. You can call it what you want but it is pretty clear that you are more interested in being negative than you are finding a solution. I honestly wish you the best and if there is anything else I can do to assist you just let me know.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Read:

that was me

Last edited by A_Cool_Name; 08-31-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

hope you guys can get it worked out.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
FormerVendor

Bad Blue, Me too...I am doing what I can.

Cool, You didn't mention that it was your post...so I didn't assume. I received your PM and responded to it. Let me know if you need anything else via PM. I think the OP would apprecate having his thread back. Thanks,
Old 07-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Launching!

If it's a V6 go into any auto parts store and say I need a clutch for.... and get the cheapest one.... DONE. regular non-named brand clutches work fine for most applications... but most people on here need more, you might not. - as a side note I just purchased a monster stage 2...
Old 07-27-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spec- You've got email!
Originally Posted by thatguy383
If it's a V6 go into any auto parts store and say I need a clutch for.... and get the cheapest one.... DONE. regular non-named brand clutches work fine for most applications... but most people on here need more, you might not. - as a side note I just purchased a monster stage 2...
This is a possibility too. But will it last? If I'm going to spend money on getting this thing installed I sure as heck want it to last!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Launching!

We the stock clutch in my jetta... had 150,000 miles on it when I imagined it was going bad....it wasn't it was in good shape... but i replaced the clutch disk with a cheapo that looked identical to the factory one... also my 92 chevy silverado with the 350, with 154,000 miles is on the stock clutch which is basically what you get at the auto parts store... it's all in how you treat it, beating on your car, doesn't necessarily mean beating on your clutch...
Old 07-27-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thatguy383
We the stock clutch in my jetta... had 150,000 miles on it when I imagined it was going bad....it wasn't it was in good shape... but i replaced the clutch disk with a cheapo that looked identical to the factory one... also my 92 chevy silverado with the 350, with 154,000 miles is on the stock clutch which is basically what you get at the auto parts store... it's all in how you treat it, beating on your car, doesn't necessarily mean beating on your clutch...
Well, if you read my first post, I unknowingly was beating on my clutch, lol.
Car has I believe 144k on the clock.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:30 AM
FormerVendor

Bat, I got your email and am replying to it as we speak. Thus you too should have mail shortly. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Shuddering when letting clutch out...